* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, 802.1x
- 600 (433+150)Mbps wireless speed with 802.11ac
- A tiny way to get speedy next generation Wi-Fi connections
- Selectable Dual Band connections for lag-free HD video streaming and gaming
- Advanced Security: Supports 64/128 WEP, WPA, PA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)
- Supports Windows 8/7/XP
- 7 points
- 28 months ago
from completed build RYZEN 5 1600 BUILD
I got this because it was a cheap wifi adapter that was dual band. It drops connections sometimes and gives terrible ping when my pc case is positioned a certain way. It also gets hot to the touch. Also, for some reason my upload speed is insanely higher than my download. I just did speedtest.net, 39,70 mbps down and 130 mbps up on the 5G band (Verizon Fios 150/150). My room is not in the same room as the router, so I am not using ethernet.
- 6 points
- 36 months ago
from completed build Itsy Bitsy Budget Gaming
It works for our connection speeds. It does what it's supposed to do. If you want a cheap and replaceable adapter, these work. Yes, I would rather go Ethernet. But our living situation is not suited for Ethernet cables, as the router is in the living room and our PCs are in a bedroom. Even a few walls away this little adapter works. I'm sure after a year or two it will have trouble booting up the wifi, but so do most cheap wifi adapters.(it can be annoying, but it's easy to work around)