Intel HD Graphics
Includes CPU Cooler
- 2 x 32 kB Instruction
- 2 x 32 kB Data
2 x 256 kB
1 x 3 MB
- 59 points
- 49 months ago
from completed build Miss Unicorn
Excellent CPU for £50! I OCed it to 4.7GHz stable at 1.35v on air cooling!
- 53 points
- 53 months ago
from completed build Who needs colour when you have WHITE?
Great little chip. It's not often you spend less on the processor than the case, and get this kind of performance. I'm running a stable 5.04GHz with it, just a 120mm radiator with a push/pull setup! Single core performance is through the roof!
- 28 points
- 57 months ago
from completed build For a loving Grandad
A fantastic little chip! Very good single thread performance, and overclocks very well. I'm not hitting more than 54C under a Prime95 torture test at 4.2GHz. Perfect for any entry level build.
- 28 points
- 54 months ago
from completed build No Woman No Cry - aka Happy Jaguar Ti
High value, high overclock potential. Being my first build, it's also my first overclock. My research showed that the Pentium's two threads is fine for the time being and, while four threads is the future, the number of games I would want to play that absolutely require four threads is less than the fingers on one hand. Around 30% of these chips will unfortunately not overclock as well as the other 70%, due to variable nature of manufacturing. I was lucky with mine and have achieved a Prime95 tested 4.3Ghz @ 1.25V using the auto overclock settings in the ASUS UEFI BIOS. Very easy, very stable. Core temps are well within norm; using Real Temp, the temperature sits around 30C at idle and 70-75C under game conditions. A 33% increase in performance is impressive; let's just see how long the CPU lasts.
- 28 points
- 24 months ago
from completed build Low Budget Gaming PC
Great processor with great overclocking capability. Can still run today's games really well.
Bought this for cheap on Craigslist for a low budget rig for my brother!
- 27 points
- 46 months ago
from completed build For you, mother. (Mother's Day HTPC Build!)
Great little duel core CPU. Runs my simple HTPC just fine with no problems.
I think in the future and upgrade to the GPU to a 750 Ti or 950 would go great with this CPU.
- 25 points
- 41 months ago
from completed build Abandoning consoles
Now that i've had it for while and will be upgrading this cpu shortly, its the perfect time for a review. So many people saying about modern games not running on this cpu and yes, SOME don't or don't run well but for a starter cpu,its amazing. i started/originally got it due to its price and wanting to get into pc gaming quick, i play lots of classic games, emulators and indie games which this is perfect for but recently, although i had been avoiding them due to all the "it won't play" hype, decided to give some newer games a try and this is what i found @4.2ghz:
Black ops 3 multiplayer: maxed out, solid 60fps @ 1080p (single player does hit drops on occassions but nothing too drastic)
Witcher 3: maxed out (no hairworks) @1440p at a solid 30fps (my console eyes don't mind 30fps but i did need to use "BES" to stop periodic freezing due to only 2 cores.
Dark souls 3: maxed out, solid 60fps @ 1080p.
Mad max: maxed out solid 60fps @1080p
With a library of 300+ titles only a few games in there i won't play with this cpu maxed out (batman games are the worse)...in conclusion i'm very happy i chose this for my cpu and the only part i'd feel bad about swapping out as i'm a sucker for an underdog...if ur on a budget or just starting out, this cpu maybe a great place for you to start.
- 25 points
- 39 months ago
from completed build Little Boy Blue - 1080p for under $500 with monitor and peripherals
Wow, I'm very impressed with a chip from 2014 not bottle necking a 750 Ti. OC'ed to 4.1 with 1.212v and temps are 50c when gaming. Could go higher, but considering I have a Tier 7 PSu, it's not worth the few extra mHz.
- 24 points
- 46 months ago
from completed build Enter Cretaceous
Stays very cool at full load at stock speeds!
I probably committed a sin by not overclocking this, but it's a great little CPU with plenty of life left in it.
- 23 points
- 59 months ago
from completed build Overclocked Core V1
I've given it 5 stars even though I am convinced newer ones don't overclock as well as the new ones given to reviewers and early adopters. Single-thread performance is among the best, but more applications are becoming multi-threaded, dx12 and spartan browser will better take advantage of multiple cores.
Also regarding the igpu, for a non-gamer it does the job, and for video scaling intel's dxva algorithm is the best, but newer drivers don't have 4k h264 decode which I am disappointed about.
There has been dual core bottleneck especially with a lot of applications and chrome tabs open, but nonetheless for the money it's not going to set the world on fire.