- DUAL-LAYER RIGID BLADE DESIGN
- Nine dual-layer rigid blades generate more powerful airflow, air pressure & decrease wind shear noise
- COUGAR DIVERSION CLAWS DESIGN
- Innovative COUGAR diversion claws to provide focused airflow & reduce noisy air turbulences
- ANTI-VIBRATION PAD DESIGN
- Reduce the vibrations efficiently & silent operation.
- LED LIGHT VISUAL DESIGN
- Green LED with transparent orange blade generates energetic visual effect
- HYDRAULIC BEARING TECHNOLOGY
- HB runs more smoothly with no friction, make it quietly & durability
- TOOL-LESS FIXED PINS
- Rubber fixed pins also reduces vibrations (fan run more quietly) and tool-less makes it easy to mount, with no tools required
- 21 points
- 38 months ago
from completed build The Return Of The Jedi aka "Yoda Of Dagobah"
Well, I wanted PWM fans because it's the 21st century and my motherboard has a plethora of fan headers that support them. I don't normally care for the bling factor, but dishing out so much cash on such pretty hardware, I felt like it was only right to have it visible and illuminated properly. I like green and the only green PWM LED fans I found were BitFenix Spectre, but every online store was out of stock. I didn't want to wait for weeks, so I went with Cougars (these fans are not PWMs). Cougars are a tad more expensive but seem to be better than BitFenix in every aspect (minus the PWM), according to the reviews I stumbled upon. I also think that Dual-X Cougars look very sleek.
P.S. I just keep 'em running at full speed, they don't produce a whole lot of noise at all.
- 19 points
- 63 months ago
from completed build FX-Speedriver
Pretty good at maintaining stability and speed without extra noise
- 7 points
- 34 months ago
from completed build The Hangover Cure (PROJECT: REVIVAL)
The level of their lighting is excellent, enabling my case to be illuminated by just three LED lit fans. The cougar fan's hydraulic (liquid) bearing is tested at half the decibels of the similar corsair model so obviously it's a silent fighter, it also apparently pushes more air than the corsair. I'd have stuck with all cougar fans but I couldn't mount the 140mm version to the H110i's radiator.
- Intel Core i3-4130
- Radeon R9 270
- Intel Core i5-6600K (@4.9GHz)
- Radeon R9 Nano
- Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.7GHz)
- Radeon R9 290