add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$600 budget gaming rig

deathfromup

77 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $109.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $69.24 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $49.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $43.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $55.06 @ Amazon
Video Card HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card $179.99 @ Newegg
Case Sentey GS-6070 Abaddom ATX Mid Tower Case $26.00 @ Newegg
Power Supply OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $29.50 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $558.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-02 15:15 EDT-0400

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

I would get a regular SSD and a 1TB, they're $5 more.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you mean by a regular SSD, sorry this is my first build.

• 77 months ago
  • 3 points

The SSD you have there is made to be a cache, meaning you won't manually store things on it, the software will automatically copy data from the HDD that you use often onto the SSD seamlessly speeding up your PC. IMO it's better to go with a cache SSD unless you can afford a 120GB ssd as the lone boot drive(which you can't).

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, do u know which one skemble was referring to, for just 5 dollars more?

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 77 months ago
  • 1 point

The $5 more I was referring to was for the 1TB drive. Either the Seagate Barracuda or the Western Digital Caviar Blue will be just fine. As for a SSD, you could go for a 64Gb to use as a boot drive and a couple important programs. I would suggest a 120/128Gb minimum. That way you can put your favorite games on there as well as your programs and still have a little wiggle room. I might suggest a few on the cheaper end that are still worthy:

But if you can't afford one now it's probably better to put the money into CPU/GPU especially since this is for gaming.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have 1080p monitor?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't go with the SSD. It may take longer to boot but the booting speed has no affect on your gaming performance, which on this budget is the most important thing. I would recommend just adding in an SSD later.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice build now a good monitor to go with that: there's a sale going on Amazon for this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs228hp

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

A budget gaming build with an SSD doesn't make sense in my opinion. You're wasting $44 to save a few seconds of time, that money could be better spent on a higher quality case, power supply or even a better graphics card. I would also double check that you'll have enough clearance in that case for your graphics card.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont see a problem with his build except maybe the psu. Gaming wise, an ssd might not be great but it will boost the overall system and will be more responsive. Sure he could save and get a better gpu or psu but maybe the 7870 is powerful enough especially if he doesn't have a 1080p monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube