add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1440P IPS monitor

Scruffy_Nerfherder428

53 months ago

I'm looking for a good 27 inch 1440p IPS monitor. Around 4-5ms. Built in speakers would be nice as well. Those will be used for ps3 gaming on the monitor. Budget of up to $800 dollars. I've looked at a few already. Most seem great, but they all seem to have one main issues. That is backlight bleed. Idk if that's just something that comes with IPS monitors or it's just a case by case issue. Are a lot of smart people on this website so if you guys can give me any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

A PS3 has a max resolution of 1080P if I'm not mistaken...

Either way, no games will run at 1440P on a console.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

i know this, I stated i needed a monitor with speakers because a ps3 will be hooked up to this monitor and it will be only way i can get sound for it.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

But then why does it have to be 1440P? You could save a ton and just buy a 1080P IPS screen, since your PS3 will only put out a 1080P signal. Your games will actually look better on a 1080P screen on a PS3, since they will at least be running at native resolution.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Because i have a 1080p and it's about 5 years old and going bad. I have a 980 and ill be buying a 2nd one or selling it and getting 390x. I primarily PC game. The 980 or duel/390x are wasted on 1080p and its time to upgrade and get with the times. But it needs to have speakers as it will have a ps3 connected to it as well.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Those will be used for ps3 gaming on the monitor

Can you first confirm that this isn't the sole purpose for this monitor? As it wouldn't be recommended.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

nah, I just need a new gaming monitor. My one i have now is about 5 years old and its been having issues past few weeks. My guess would be capacitors are going bad. I just stated the fact i need the monitor to have speakers because i will have a ps3 hooked up to the monitor as well and PC gaming on it.

I have a 1080p but want to upgraded to a 1440p. With a 980 and maybe a 2nd one to come or sell and buy 390x i feel its wasted on 1080.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Just so you know you can run ps3 games with the audio off your pc. If the monitor has a 3.5mm audio port you can plug that directly into the pc.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

BenQ GW2765HT

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube