add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

gaming rig, ready to build need opinon

bmyles
  • 83 months ago

im aiming for no more than $550, heres my current partlist http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1fYIv

anything i can improve to keep it under $550

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

You could save a few dollars by moving to a lower wattage PSU, 600w would be more than enough for your needs. Besides that everything looks pretty solid.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

i actually started with a lower power wattage but i plan on doing some upgrades in the future(possible dual graphics card) and just wanted to be sure it would pull everything.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I think it looks pretty damn good.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I think this is a little stronger....

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1g7qe

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

thats actually nice, but im fairly set on the selected case, the only thing i was mostly concerned about was my graphics card, is the gtx 660 more powerful or a better investment?

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that 660 is better than the card in your list for sure. I know cases are all about personal preference so definitely go with the one you want.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, i'll def switch to the 660 then, what about motherboard also, any suggestions or it should complement everything else?

[comment deleted]
  • 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a better build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $119.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $68.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $78.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $56.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC MiniQ7-W ATX Mini Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $556.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-13 18:13 EDT-0400
430 watt psu because it's all you really need comes with a much better motherboard also

try to save up for a cooler master 212 EVO aftermarker cooler so you can do some overclocking

honestly think you should use this case instead http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-s210002 cheaper and much better airflow which will allow you to have even better temps when you overclock.

Don't go for the 660 it's costing around $40 dollars more and the 7850 is much cheaper and can trade blows with the 660 and is $40 dollars less you can overclock the 7850 easily the 660 is only a tad bit better then the 7850 not worth the extra $40 honestly, you are much better off spending that towards the case I highly suggest spending that $40 dollars toward a cooler master EVO 212 cpu cooler and some case fans so you can have some really good temps

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks i was originally going to go with the 7850,someone else suggested the 660, but otherwise for cost purposes will switch it back to the 7850, honestly i dont plan on overclocking but airflow is always a concern, i was looking for something more sleek considering its going to be used in an entertainment system.i went with a higher psu just to futureproof it in case i ever decide to do upgrades to the gpu or add a tv tuner.but ill definitely switch back to the 7850 after watching several youtube videos on that card, it ran many intensive games with ease.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

naw keep the 430W psu, it's a good price and fits your budget and replace the case you were wanting with the one i suggested it's better then the one you were using

you can always get a better PSU later on anyways and u never know when a PSU fails on you y'know?

the only long term upgrades u ever need to go with is a new psu + graphic card

that's really it

this build i listed you gives u the most bang for ur buck and makes u have to upgrade to a higher end build by just upgrading 2 components

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube