add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Disk Cleanup Utility Causes Temp to Rise? Stuck on "Windows update Cleanup"

JamesJB

55 months ago

Weird problem in Windows 8.1

Why does Disk Cleanup Utility cause my CPU Temps to rise? like up to 65c?

Used something similar in Windows 7 Pro on my old computer with no problems or I just never noticed it.

When cleaning it will seem to stop and not move once it hits "Windows Update Cleanup" waited almost 20min before I hit Cancel.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Similar topic discussed: LINK

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the link about why Disk Cleanup Utility hangs on "Windows Update Cleanup"

Still didn't answer why the Disk Cleanup Utility cause my CPU temps to go up so high,is it normal for it to do that?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Check this Disk cleanup stuck which may assist you with some idea.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you but why would it make the CPU temp to go up?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi James,

I think, the disc cleanup tool you were using it was not free or it would paid version. I want to suggest here k9utilities pc optimizer, a disc cleanup tool for windows 7 and windows 8. It's absolutely available in free and compatible with windows.

I will recommend you download k9utilities pc optimizer for your computer. You can download directly from here. http://www.k9utilities.com/au/

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I will check it out but is it one of the programs that you download and when you try to use it it does the scans then you have to pay for the program for it to fix anything?

If so I will pass.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi,

I have recommended it many users who were looking free tool and they are happy using this tool even I have also used it for my windows 8 pc. Try once again may be something will going to upgrade in this tool.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm just going to jump in here: do not download and install these so called "pc optimiser" tools.

More often than not they contain adware or viruses. Heck, just google K9 optimiser(this is a link to the google search) and you'll come across some sketchy results. Stick to trusted tools like Ccleaner and the tools build into your OS.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I did think about it and will take your advice and not get it. Every time I try those so called optimizer program's they always want money to fix any problems after the program does the scan :(

I use CCleaner.

Hows Malwarebites? is it worth it to pay?

I use Avast for my virus scanner,I will not use Norton cause its a resource hog,plus I just don't like it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, don't bother with them. If it's not a scam, it's often a virus...

Personally I use Ccleaner for disk cleaning/startup programs, Malwarebytes (I use the free version, which is decent enough for most users. Never got/needed the premium version) for intermittent scans and Avast/AVG/Panda/... for real time protection (and Defraggler for defragmenting/disk health, but that's a bit next to the point here).

But probably the best protection is just common sense ;)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya it can be virus, I think you should any one pc optimizer suggested by the here forum experts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube