add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SLI Gigabyte G1 Windforce vs Reference 970?

InvisibleMouse23

54 months ago

Hey guys, I am planning to build my first gaming pc next month. I'm going with an i5 4690K and a gigabyte z97 motherboard(the one from the glorious gaming build) and 16 GB of RAM if it matters. My question is, should I go with the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 or reference 970s for 2 way SLI? I saw the reference at my local BB and I absolutely love their design. However, they are more expensive and clocked lower. I will be using 3x 1080p monitors. Which one will be more efficient at cooling? I'm putting it all in a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Never go for reference when you have the option to go for a non-reference, especially if it's the G1.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

OK thanks! Especially at the higher price, I don't think that its worth it for the aesthetics. On another note however, will the airflow be better on the reference ones or the G1 for SLI? Just want to make sure.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The G1 has three fans that are each larger than the single blower on reference... in other words they have fantastic airflow.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks again! Will be going with the G1s.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go for reference if you are going to have a window and physical appearance is important. Looks way better. And you can always overclock. I have 2 EVGA 970's myself which are fine but can't approach Nvidia reference in the physical look.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I won't select this motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube