add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The Tarrasque needs opinions...

CapnJudge

61 months ago

I build my first PC gaming build, some parts I already had, but I just wanna know what you guys think on the parts list and How I did on choosing and purchasing parts. The reason you wont see where I bought my parts is because ALL of them were bought at best buy with the BBYCC for the 24 month interest free financing. Enjoy!

CPU Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core (Purchased) $249.99

CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing (Purchased) $34.99

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 ATX LGA2011 (Purchased) $129.99

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 (Purchased) $79.99

Storage PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" SSD (Newegg Override) $107.98

Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (Purchased) $59.99

Case Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower (Purchased) $59.99

Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V (Purchased) $69.99

Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer (Purchased) $22.99

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) (Purchased) $119.99

Monitor Asus MX279H 27.0" (Purchased) $199.99

Keyboard Corsair K70 (Purchased) $112.99

Mouse Razer Ouroboros Wireless Laser (Purchased) $43.99

Custom NVIDIA GTX 760 (Purchased) $219.99

Amped Wireless ac1200 (Purchased) $79.99

Turtle Beach x42 (Purchased) $99.99

Total: $1692.83

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/gRRG3C

also since i had to use the saved parts list for some reason, here is the explanation I used.

So I built this computer for a few reasons. I have a PS4 and bought it litterally with the trade in I had from my old 360, and all my games and peripherals, didn't pay a cent for it, but there were no games?! I then thought to myself "well you have all your friends on pc so it's ok, we can wait to play PS4 games" Then my older Acer laptop I had been using for LoL had a shot motherboard................ Hence, I introduce, The Tarrasque.

(So first off, I bought all my parts at best buy, A. 24 months interest free financing, B. A friend of mine is a supervisor so I had him help me out with prices)

CPU: At first I was going to buy an I5 4670k for about 250, Then I saw the I7 4820k for about 70$ more, and I couldn't resist, with the larger amount of threads, and ridiculous amount of overclock-ability it was a no brainer, then my friend brought it down to the same price and I was like.... SOLD

CPU COOLER: So here is a fun story, my parts come in, and my computer is nigh built fully, and low and behold, NO CPU COOLER IN THE CPU BOX "CRAP CRAP CRAP" So I ran down to Micro center, and bought the 212 because everywhere I went people said it was the best for the price. Cha-ching

Mobo: So to be really honest, my MOBO was kinda a only choice thing, it was for 279 originally and wanted to buy the Sabertooth x79 instead but my friend said he would super discount it, and that it's a good mobo. Fine, bought.

Memory: I have always liked corsair, they always made a good product and I feel like they last a long time so this was a no brainer, kind wish I had bought G-Skill instead though, but no complaints.

Storage: The pny SSD was only 80$.... need I say more? Same with the Seagate, was only 60$....

Case: So again with the Corsair spiel above, but this case was 99.99$ I got it for 60$ mwhahahahaha!

PSU: Cheap, good, and will do the job for the time being.

GPU: Well it's NVIDIA made which is epic, it was only 169.99 so I got it very cheap, and happily too :)

All peripherals were something I already had other than the new k70 keyboard, which btw is quite epic if you are thinking about buying one. I will be putting more pictures up soon

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok give me one sec and I will repost

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Try it now

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube