add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Source 210 Hard Drive cage question

7acen7Dragon
  • 63 months ago

Alright so I already ordered the parts for my PC and I realized that the hard drive cage looks like one whole thing, I ordered a Gigabyte 970 and it's over 230mm, the graphics card is 310mm and the maximum length is 330mm. Will I have to remove the whole thing and if so then what will I do with my hard drive? I'm pretty concerned about this since it's gonna be my first time building a PC.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

3.5 to 5.25 bay hard drive adapter to place hard drive in the upper 5.25 bay. Might just be able to cut out part of the cage using a dremel.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1890751/fit-270x-gigabyte-edition-nxzt-source-210-ellite-case.html

I found that it just means it'll be blocked by high up hard drives and it'll be a bit close with only about 20mm of space but it'll fit. I'm probably gonna get a different case with 4 USB ports on he front and a window later one, or who knows maybe this one will grow on me and be kept.

I'll probably make use of one of the 5.25 bays to put an SSD in there eventually and move Windows over to it. Do you know if I'll have to put in my key again and will I lose everything when I move it?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

or pay any re-stocking fees required and select another computer case.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1890751/fit-270x-gigabyte-edition-nxzt-source-210-ellite-case.html

I found that it just means it'll be blocked by high up hard drives and it'll be a bit close with only about 20mm of space but it'll fit. I'm probably gonna get a different case with 4 USB ports on he front and a window later one, or who knows maybe this one will grow on me and be kept.

SPOILERS

(it's probably gonna get replaced by the H440 or something like that eventually.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube