add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build isn't starting, please help

bradyd3

55 months ago

I built my pc I had gotten for christmas http://pcpartpicker.com/user/bradyd3/saved/mBh2FT and It had kept starting up and then shutting off so we thought that it was the motherboard, so we bought another one and we set it up today and its still doing the exact same thing. We even took everything out except for the motherboard and power supply and plugged up only two led lights on the case and it had steal kept turning on and shutting off over and over. But we bought a Sentey Power Supply 725w just incase so it will be here tomorrow.

So do you think its the power supply?

Please Help.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

wattage shouldnt be a problem here, you appear to have plenty of headroom. it could be a mechanical short in the switches on the case, however... it is hard to diagnose though. try probing the switch with a multimeter ranged in to low ohms setting and see if it shows a reading when the switch is/isnt pressed. by that, i mean if it shows both. the switch could be sinking or sourcing, remember :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

ram maybe?

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

that was exactly it. It was one of the sticks of ram. Im getting a new one 1x4 gb tommorow.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

How did you decide on this?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

damn, I just went out on a limb, well im glad I could help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube