add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need help...

DragonForge

62 months ago

Hey guys,

so I was looking for a PSU for my new build I am buying soon, and as it is it takes 384 watts, and I was looking at a 500 Watt CX500M power supply from Corsair, and it turns out I can get an EVGA 750 watt, or a EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B Bronze for like $4 more. (I live in Australia, BTW). So I was wondering, should I go with the 750 watt, or stick with corsair? Is EVGA trustable? They're both Semi-Modular, and I would like to be able to overclock eventually and also upgrade alot in the future, so should I?

Right now, this is my current build, and as I said I will most likely be upgrading it in the future.

So, should I go with the 750 watt, stick with the 500watt or go with an entirely different PSU?

Thanks!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

The evga is a better model AND higher Watt. Get that

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Can't go wrong with EVGA, they are a leading brand in power supplies. At 384 watts + OC + future upgrades, 750 watts is the right size. Do consider the 750 W G2, but the B model will serve yoiu well. Both models have been reviewed at jonnyguru.com

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll stick with the current 750 watt, the only G2 I can get where I live is 1500 watts, I'm pretty sure.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA is good but I would spend more on a 750W PSU, check out the Supernova G2. And please, don't get the CX. Go with a Seasonic G-series one or an Antec HCG, both are much more reliable.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're already pretty close to budget that NEX750B is your best choice but if you have a little room to spare, here's the one I'd choose... http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750bbefx

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I don't think I'd make it that far. It's over $60 more than the NEX750B

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube