add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions for my First Build

Ian_H.

62 months ago

So I'm kinda new to the PC gaming scene and I could really use your guys' opinion on my build. I've been told by others that its pretty solid for its price, but I'm curious as to how it would run a few games that I plan on playing on it. These include Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Civ 5, and BorderLands the Pre-Sequel. I'm fairly certain that it can handle DKS II, Skyrim, and Civ 5 pretty well, but I'm really not sure about Pre-Sequel. Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MVtf23 Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah, and Diablo 3.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for an R9 285 instead of that 760. Either that or you could wait a few weeks for the 960 that will likely blow both of these cards out of the water.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you give me a link to the R9 285?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

How much will this out-perform the 760? I want to make sure the change is somewhat significant, as I am on a rather tight budget, and I don't really want to spend much more than I already am.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

very significantly. The 280 already beats the 760 by a little, and the 285 gets about 10FPS better in most games. Look up JayzTwoCents's review.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, great. I'll be sure to do more research on this card, as it seems to have great potential.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube