add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ares Blue DDR3-1600 16gb (8gbx2) Not Listed

Ryan_Lion

62 months ago

First off hey I'm new to the forums, I've been on PCPartPicker for a while but never posted so I guess I should intro myself. I'm Ryan_Lion and I'm planning a build right now but it'll be a while before I have the cash up to buy the parts.

Now I've been doing my research and I know for most people that only 8gbs is recommended, however I'm planning to do some editing and I on this rig and from what I've looked at it seems 16gb is better for editing.

The problem is I'm not seeing the memory I'm looking for, not here, or on newegg, or on amazon. It's the G.Skill Ares ddr3-1600 16gb (8gbx2) ram as seen here on G.Skill's Website. http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c9d-16gab

Now to be fair you guys do have the 1866 version of these as seen here on this website. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31866c10d16gab

Like I said I've been doing research and some people say it makes a difference, others say you can't tell, but I'm just confused need some help. If it does make a difference then I'll go for the 1866 version, however if not then I don't know what to do.

The Ares Blue 16gb (8gbx2) are the ones I want, but I can only find the red and orange ones.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Video editing? If that's the case, memory selection is really your second decision. What processor have your decided to go with? Reading here, I'm assuming your on a budget and are trying to save money. ddr3-1600 is some old stuff, get the fastest speed you can find. Don't skimp. Faster memory DOES make a difference in video editing, and system stability. Good luck with your build.

http://tinyurl.com/kbroxy7 'Blue Memory'

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Why are you so set on that particular RAM? There are plenty of good options that come in Blue, like Corsair, G Skill, Kingston, etc. Get any reputable brand's blue 16GB kit and you'll be fine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the responses you guys but I think I should say something.

1: To asesnic: What's wrong with wanting what you want? Seriously though you're right and I'm gonna look through the ram again to look at some other good options, but I really did want these and I can't find them anywhere which is kind weird.

2: To jhpcsb117: Um not to sound rude but I know those exist on newegg, in face I linked those from where this website shows them up above. It's the 1600 version I can't find, the ones in the first link, on newegg if you narrow it down enough you'll see the orange and red versions but no blue. Thanks for telling me that there's nothing wrong with 1866 though :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

To: Wannabe: I have a set price but it's not exactly "budget" to be honest. It will just take me a while to gather up all the cash I need.

Also thanks for the advice and link, but I've chosen my ram now so I guess a mod can close this tread.

Still I think it's weird that only G.Skill's website list that particular ram, it's like it doesn't exist even though the other colors can be found.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube