add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DeltasEcho
  • 66 months ago

Hello everyone! I have a question for you guys! Is the FX6300 overclocked enough not to bottleneck a 970? If not would the 8320 overclocked be enough?

PS: I'm just curious, but if you overclock a Pentium anniversary edition processor to around 4.1, would it be enough not to bottleneck the 970? Thanks

Also, is the Gigabyte 970 really better than the SC ACX EVGA one?

Thanks for all the help :)

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

You shouldn't have to worry about bottlenecking a 6 core CPU, the pentium is a different matter though

If you're going to spend $300 on a GPU then you should really be getting a better CPU than a Pentium g3258

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks! Few, I thought I'd have to buy an i5 of some sort just to not bottleneck. That allows me to invest in a better monitor! Yay! Thanks again!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

As far as which 970 is the best, they are all 970s and therefore share the same board, the difference between makes comes in cooling features (heat sinks + fans) and whether they have been over-clocked already

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I think I might be getting either the Gigabyte or the MSI, as I've been hearing the EVGA is a little noisy. Thanks again :)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a round-up of all the board partners from Tomshardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gtx-980-970-roundup,27716.html

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I will probably just end up waiting a bit for the Gigabyte and MSI to get reviewed and just pick the better one (cooler, overclockablility, price) Thanks again :) Is there an i3 that can be overclocked? I can't find any, and it just seems odd to me that there are none. I'm an intel newby, sorry :D

[comment deleted]
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

The Asus has no memory cooling either... what's enticing about the Gig is the already high out of box clock, and the three fans.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Anything is better than the EVGA 970 apparently...

Source - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1834613

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube