add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Reference GTX 980

Scruffy_Nerfherder428

61 months ago

I know this is a bit early as the cards have just come out. I'm in the market for a new card i was going to get a vapor-x 290 or 290x. With the new 980 how does everyone like them. My biggest concern is they are reference cards. Is it worth buying one now (as far as i can tell everything is out of stock and at least a weeks wait now) or would it be better to wait a few months till non reference cards start to come out. ATM from almost all the benchmarks ive seen they only slightly beat the 780tis. Which is fine by me, but im worried about the heat they will produce. Any feedback would be great. For the price of these cards being at 550 and on par and some instances beat a 780ti it seems like an amazing deal.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the LinusTech review was great. I was going to get the vapor-x 290or 290x around black friday. Since both are great versions of those cards. I didn't expect the price for these cards to be as low as they are. They are looking better and better the more i read about them. I was just concerned about the cooling since ive never purchased a reference card before. Good to know they are using the same coolers as 700-series.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube