add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BrightUnicorn
  • 69 months ago

Hey guys Im going to purchase the parts for my build in a few days and I've seen that the GTX 900 series will be released really soon. Do you think a 980 will be much better than the 780? Since I have a budget I might not be able to buy a 980 so will a 970 be better?

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

The 980 supposedly is going to cost 600 and be somewhere around 780ti performance, and the 970 somewhere around the 780 at 400 bucks. Either way it would make sense to wait and see. I'd also consider picking up a 290 from AMD instead if I were in your position.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

there is a Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 290 OC 4GB DDR5 PCI-E/Msi Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr Gaming OC 4GB DDR5 PCI-E that are around 70 euros cheaper (The gtx 780 is 480 while these are around 420-410) I saw in some website that the release date is around 19.I will be gaming at 1080p (Arma 3,Arma 2,DayZ SA,Titan Fall,Rust) so do you think the 290 will do the job for less? I still love the features of the nvidia cards.. I just saw your builds AND DAMN! XD

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

The 290 will perform on par with a 780 (slightly better at higher resolutions) for less. As for the features, AMD has a shadowplay equivalent out already.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I've got a few questions if you could help me, Im doing my gaming computer with 1150 euros all bought from a local shop so products are limited. Can you check out my list? ---NZXT H440---Msi Z97-G45 Gaming Intel Z97---Intel Core I5-4690K 3.5GHz---Asus Geforce GTX780 DirectCU II---Seagate Barracuda 1TB---Corsair Modular CX750M 80PLUS Bronze---G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz CAS9---(When I do have the money I would be adding a cpu cooler and ssd). So Im still wondering about changing to a 290, they do look pretty solid to me :) Anyways just imagine that 780 is a 290, seems like a pretty good build right?

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

If you could put it into a pcpartpicker list for future reference it makes life easier for us to go through the build and make changes to it.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I will add in in a few minutes

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube