add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there anybody that has used BOTH a keyboard with MX Reds and one with MX Browns?

outthawazoo
  • 69 months ago

I'm considering getting a new keyboard and I'm currently using one with MX Reds. I'm thinking about MX Brown keyswitches and would love to hear peoples' opinions on both types and if anybody has used both can make a recommendation.

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I've used both, and if I had to pick between them I'd go browns. MX Reds are too light for me personally.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree they are really light and they sound kinda cheap. I just don't know if it's justifiable to buy another keyboard when this one is only like 9 months old.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly unless you don't like it, keep it.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on how wealthy you are tbh. If you have plenty of money to spare, why not splurge on that second keyboard, if it ever breaks you have the red switch to go back to. BUT (i'm a pretty cheap guy) I would recommend you stick with this one for now. It sounds cheap only because there's no tactile feedback (just feels like a smoother version of a membrane without the cushioning). Reds push down easier, browns are just slightly more resistant but with tactile feedback to feel even more solid.

If you tend to press the wrong buttons or accidentally press something everytime you time then it might be worth to invest in another keyboard that you'll feel comfortable and familiar with to use.

A good option is to go to your local bestbuy and "buy" the Logitech G710+ (or any available blue/brown switch keyboards) and take advantage of their 15-day return policy. I'd say amazon and newegg can too, but I don't like waiting for a trial version of the product I'm planning to buy

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Reds are too light to me and sometimes since there is no tactical feedback i overpress. MX browns are just perfect in my opinion.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

+1 for browns. Reds feel too much like loud membranes. I put some o-ring silencers on mine though, for the sanity of everyone else in the house.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I love my browns. I'll end up getting a keyboard with reds eventually to try out, but if you have something you like, there's no need to buy something else because people give a positive opinion of it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube