add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for Some Help

zhuman16
  • 69 months ago

I'm trying to build my first PC, I want it to be in the $1200-$1300 range if thats at all possible. I will be using this computer to run video games, and edit and upload videos. It's a little pricey and I wanted to get an opinion before I buy it and I was wondering if there's anyway to make it cheaper.

So here's the list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zhuman16/saved/cggFf7

Any feedback helps me, thanks!

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need an i7. Get the i5 4690k, use some of the money saved to upgrade to a z97 mobo.

You don't need 16GB of RAM. Get 8GB@1600, G. Skill is probably the best bang for your buck right now.

Lose the Seagate HD. They have reliability issues. Get the WD Caviar Blue at a similar storage capacity.

You can upgrade to a R9 290 with the money saved.

You don't need a full tower. If you like the looks though, totally keep it. More room isn't a bad thing, but you can save money by moving to a mid case.

You don't need 850W. Get 650w if you don't play to sli/crossfire, 750w if you do. You'll save $40.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

seagate doesn't have reliability issues. If this is related to the backblaze article you should do some more reading, you'll see that the article was mostly useless and not informative for normal users.

Agree with p.much everything else though.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

PSSSSSSTTTTTT DDR4 is out now not what mobos use it, but the 8 Gigs and 16 gigs aren't too expensive look into it :3 You didn't hear it from me ....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube