add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Axentric
  • 69 months ago

hey i recently built this and will be ordering in October. I have been doing alot of researching lately and i like the intel/nvidia setup. I will be running games like arma, dayz, counterstrike and much more? Also i chose a gtx 780 do you think i should upgrade to 780 ti. If so give me a decent reason to switch!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bDjWmG

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me and your good with the 780.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't bother with a 780 or 780 TI. As it is the new nvidia cards are going to be announced in a few weeks. If anything plan to get a 980, otherwise get yourself an AMD 290 as you get slightly better performance than a 780 for around the price of a 770.

I agree with mdhol on the CPU (keep it if you want though), motherboard (it's a damn expensive motherboard), RAM, and SSD (but not hdd).

I'd take it a step further and say the power supply I'd get something different. 150 bucks for a 750W psu is wayyyy too much.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

...DDR4 .... G.Skill.... Looks so rad.... so cheap...... 16 gigs 250$ DDR4..... Look into it.... I sure didn't :3.....

• 69 months ago
  • 0 points

Is this exclusively for gaming then?

If so, you're wasting a lot of money for no real reason. Not saying this isn't a great computer, but you could basically get the same performance in terms of gaming, for about $500 less.

CPU: Almost no games take advantage of hyper-threading, and they won't be prevelant in gaming before you'll be looking at upgrading the CPU anyways. Go with the i5 4690k.

MOBO: Even with your original build, I have no idea why you didn't go with the Z97 mobo. Try and snag an Asus or MSI Z97 for a lot less than you're paying for an older board.

RAM: You don't remotely need 16 GB of ram for gaming. Go with 8GB, G. Skill makes solid ones for a fair price. Intel doesn't really take advantage of ram above 1600, so unless it's cheaper, just stick with 1600.

SSD: The 840 Evo is great, no doubt about it, but the Crucial MX100 series is going to get you more storage for less money at about the same performance level in terms of gaming.

HD: Seagate has reliability issues. You're gonna want to switch to Hitachi or WD. WD Caviar Blue is a pretty solid one for a fair price.

GPU: With those changes alone you could pay for the 780 ti.

If you're doing more than gaming though, this is a great build. Only changes I would suggest then are the mobo and the HD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube