add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

THIS IS IT! Evga gtx 770 or Tri-X r9 290?

Pahlehvahn
  • 70 months ago

About to order the parts guys and I want to make sure so I don't have any regrets? I can afford both so final question is, which one?

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp42774kr Gtx 770

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-1003622sr R9 290

P.S I heard the 290 black screens, is it true?

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

I have that exact GPU. Never had a black screen.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it overheat?

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

No. You can set what temp you want the GGPU to work at anyways.

At 100% load for 30 minutes my GPU was about 80C which is normal.

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

It's no brainer but I would definitely go for the R9 290. Frankly speaking, online website reviews on AMD cards were never nearly as good as those for NVIDIA cards. It's pretty odd.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The 290 is definitely the better option. As for black screens, no. Some people may get a dud (something that happens with both amd and nvidia).

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course the R9 290 is going to outclass the GTX 770 in this case, they're in two different leagues. The 290 is meant for playing games resolutions higher than 1920x1080 or monitors with refresh rates higher than 60Hz, whereas the GTX 770 is meant for 1080p gaming at 60FPS at the most.

A much more fairer comparison would be to size up the R9 290 with the GTX 780 or the R9 280 with the GTX 770.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube