add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

7950 Ghz edition crossfire or GTX 780?

Ellison

77 months ago

Should I crossfire or get a single Gpu? Nvidia has less microstutter and has CUDA. If I crossfire, I'll have more performance, more noise, and more performance per dollar. Both options are well under my budget of $2000

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

if you have 2000 dollars for GPUs then get a pair of 780s which will give you almost the same performance as sli titans for a fraction of the price but if you are say between a 780 or Xfire 7970(there isnt a Ghz 7950) then i would tell you get the highest single GPU you can afford. Less driver issues and less headaches. 780 Takes the cake. Inless you are gaming at 1080 and you dont mind the 7 or 10 extra frames(sometimes more) then the 7970ghz with the never settle bundle looks good for 200 less but if you need the highs gpu in your budget (like me) get the 780

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

The 780 performs barely under a titan so one 780 is fine but you can sli it for crazy performance. I recommend getting the 780

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Why does anyone care about CUDA anymore(older CS)? If your looking to use your GPU for more than just gaming than I'd go away from the 780. Despite being considerably stronger than the 7970 in graphics it is slightly inferior on the compute side of things.

If you don't care about utilizing your GPU outside of games, then go for the 780s. Why not get the best you can get?

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review/18

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube