add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor for new build

PiecesOfPoop

63 months ago

I'm in the process of building my first computer and I need to know what monitor I should buy.

What are IPS monitors, different hertz, etc?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-23-6-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407107268&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+monitors&dpPl=1

This is a great monitor to use, you can choose what size you want.

IPS monitors provides more uniform color reproduction and greater viewing angles than traditional LCD monitors. So if you look at the screen from the side, the color changes, but IPS monitors will keep the colors the same. I would not worry too much about a IPS monitor since you are staring at it from the front most of the time (I hope).

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

What are the different HZ?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, about the Hz, stuff it is sort of complicated and I do not understand it fully. But from my experience, 60Hz and 120Hz are the best. Hz for a regular person basically means "frames per second". I would go for a 60HZ, but if you have an awesome graphics card, then go for 120Hz. For most people there is not much of a noticeable difference.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an R9 280X, would that be able to run games at 120 hz?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes of course!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

hp 23xi is a very sleek looking or goes from 20 inch to 27 inch with different features

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Dell UltraSharp U2713HM

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube