add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
deathfromup

65 months ago

I have noticed that you guys will releases a couple completed builds at a time because it has to be approved. This led to my recently submitted completed build to only be on the front page for an hour or so and didn't get too much attention because of that fact. Mine was released at the same time as 4 or 5 others which sent mine right to the bottom of the list, and another block of builds was released quickly after that. I think it would be nice to either make the builds show up like a reddit front page where the builds with the most upvotes divided by the time since they were posted are on the front page, and also maybe add 3-4 more builds to the front page at a time.

Also another solution that might help would be giving some trusted users ability to approve builds throughout the day, obviously you guys are busy and cant watch the forums like a hawk all day, so maybe having some mods would help. After all the site is growing in users every day thanks to all the work you guys are able to do.

One of my favorite aspects of the site is looking at completed builds and i feel there is a lot to be learned from watching what others build. I wish the feature was more prominent on the site.

Keep up the good work and thanks for reading.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Most builds are not on the front page very long. That is just the nature of "most recent" when the site has a large group of builders and only 5 slots. Your build was on the front of the most recent portion of the completed builds page for the normal amount of time. It looks like you got to +15 which is commendable. Generally speaking, there are less than 5 builds in the approval queue at any time. Things were a bit slower this weekend as we were away at QuakeCon unfortunately. We can look into adding more builds to the front page and some your other suggestions as well.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

i figured you guys would be busy at Quakecon lol. I appreciate you responding to my feedback.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube