add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

XFX Double Dissipation (not black) R9 280X vs Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X

PiecesOfPoop

63 months ago

The Double Dissipation has a core speed of 850, but the Sapphire card doesn't state its clock speed.

What is the clock speed of the Sapphire card?

Also, the Sapphire card is rated at 1500 MHZ (6000 mbps) memory clock, whereas the XFX card is rated at 6.0 GHZ.

Is that a huge difference in mem clocks or is it minor? (new to clocks).

They're both relatively the same price, so which card should I get?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

900MHz with a 1050MHz Boost clock

The same

I wish I could answer this because I do not know where you would get the Sapphire card

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably newegg or Amazon.

By "the same" did you mean the memory clocks?

I put into google's calculator and it said that 1000 mhz is equivalent to 1 ghz, so wouldn't that mean the XFX has a memory clock 6x faster?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the effective memory clock is the same. You need to multiply the 1500MHz X 4 and here is why...... (straight from Newegg).

GDDR5 uses what is called "quad pumped" technology that within one clock cycle can do 4 data transfers.

So which is longer 12" or one foot? It seems stupid but they are not all using the same unit of measure.... But they should.

If I was looking at the correct Sapphire card, Newegg does not have it in stock and I saw comments referring to flickering issues on the XFX card. I do not know if this is a driver issue or what.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the help :D

The XFX card is sold out on newegg, so I think I'll buy my other components then the GPU last.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

EDIT : NEWEGG HAS INCORRECT INFO.

THE MEM CLOCKS ARE THE SAME AFTER REFERENCING SITES.

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice!

My friends recommended XFX over sapphire.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube