add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

whats better Intel Core i5-(Lynnfield core) or AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core for gaming

XxAnimaxX

64 months ago

graphic card :ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, first it depends on your budget.

If you're on a lower budget (which it looks like due to your gpu), you want the AMD for lower price.

Now. AMD APU's tend to sacrifice computing power for their integrated graphics (which are outstanding btw).

You'd probably want to switch to their FX series (FX-6300?)

Obviously, if you had the budget, you'd go for the intel.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. It seems to be that you're looking for a budge build so I would go with the 760k & one of the FM2+ MB so you have an upgrade path for the future.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Cpu boss only compares specs and theoretical benchmarks, anandtechs benchmarks are better.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I would have linked to anandtech but I couldn't find the Athlon x4 760k.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube