add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Keyboard Problems - Help much appreciated

xx116xx
  • 69 months ago

So I've had my Corsair K70 for a couple of weeks now. And just today I noticed that the different lighting levels are not working. The LEDs are locked on. I can choose which ones to light up like normal, but the brightness is just not working. Any thoughts on why this is and how to fix it?

EDIT: The LED for the backlight customization key is not working. But the function is.

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm the LED should change the brightness of the keys and itself when you click on it. Im guessing that when you have your brightness up, the brightness key itself is dark? If so, then it might be a hardware problem and you might consider RMAing it. If you don't mind(which i personally wouldn't), then go ahead and keep it as is. Though from my guess, the problem is definitely the LED behind the key, and not the function itself.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

The brightness key and all of the others are on high. I can't change the brightness but I can change which ones are backlit, like I always have been able to.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

So you can't adjust the backlight brightness?

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

You could probably still RMA it since its only been a few weeks. I personally have a K70 with red LEDs, and everything works fine. Was it like this when you bought it or was it just recently? Sorry, I don't have any real "fixes".

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I just noticed it today. It was working perfectly fine last time I used it, like last week.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube