add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

which should i choose?

lemonademolotovz

67 months ago

windows 7 pro or windows 8 for about the same price

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I prefer Windows 7, because of it's simplicity and my experience with it.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

If primary support is through online sources, Windows 7, due to higher percentage of users.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

You are forgetting windows 8.1

When you get windows 8, you can upgrade for windows 8.1 for free, and it is much better. The modern apps are much more desktop-like, and it is closer to windows 7.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

i think im gonna get windows 8 or 8.1, thanks for the advice everyone!

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

if i get windows 8, how would i upgrade it to windows 8.1?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

You can websearch for the process and hope you don't end up with KB 2919355 problem. I am not a Win8/8.1 user so those users can assist you.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Simply search "windows 8.1 download" and go to the microsoft website. Follow the instructions and you're done!

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I found it through the microsoft store through the metro interface tbh, was just an easy install and wait for it to download and install. It really is just windows 7 with tweaks to make it a bit better- along with a whole new interface option. It is very easy to completely ignore the metro interface though. (I also think the inactivity screen is pretty cool tbh)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

windows 8

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube