add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP ME, PLS !!: First Build and i need help for correct MoBo and GPU

Bertowski
  • 1 month ago

Hi i need some help to choose the correct Mobo and GPU... For the MoBo i dont have any preference, i see the MSI Z390 A-PRO, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, ASRock Taichi and other, but i dont know which one. OC is not a priority. For the GPU i choose a 2070 Super, but i dont know which one, for lenght and performance. Lenght because the idea is to put in front or top the radiator of NZXT Kraken, this is another question, which position for the radiator is the best ?

Below my part list.. Saved part list

Thank you so much for the answers and advice.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What is the build for? (gaming/streaming/editing/rendering/etc)

OC is not a priority.

Have you considered going the Ryzen 3700X route? Although marginally trailing the 9700K in single threaded performance, the 3700X adds a punch in multi-threaded excursions. IMO, the only reason you might want to consider the 9700K is if overclocking does serve 'priority' for a more meaningful performance boost.

For the GPU i choose a 2070 Super, but i dont know which one, for lenght and performance. Lenght because the idea is to put in front or top the radiator of NZXT Kraken, this is another question, which position for the radiator is the best ?

which position for the radiator is the best ?

Performance-wise there's not much difference in thermals whether you mount the AIO on top or front. If mounted on the top, you'll be exhausting air out. If mounted on the front, you'll be pulling cooler air in and through the rad (intake). In some tests, the front intake orientation sees tiny improvements in thermals. In my personal tests using the same case - a benefit of 1/2c (don't let that concern you as these tests were conducted in artificial extreme conditions with overclocking in full flight).

With the AIO mounted on top, this opens up plenty of clearance for the GPU hence you can opt for any graphics card, as long as length does not exceed 315mm.

With the AIO mounted on the front you'll need to deduct 30mm which is the radiator depth and that leaves you 285mm for GPU clearance. All the following cards are filtered with a max length of 285mm, hence compatible: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=447&L=69000000,285000000&sort=price&page=1 My personal choice would be the EVGA XC ULTRA for it's 3-pcie slot bearing chunky heatsink with thermal performance at par with some of the lengthier 3-fan GPUs. This one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kHxbt6/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-3173-kr

NZXT Kraken X52

For the same price you can grab a larger 280mm (with x2 140mm fans) and newer revised X63 model. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JfVG3C/nzxt-kraken-x63-9817-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx63-01

Or if you prefer sticking with 240mm, there's also the revised X53 for $20 less https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVfFf7/nzxt-kraken-x53-7311-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx53-01

I haven't looked into specs/thermals/features in comparing previous and newer revised models... hence something worth looking into.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very for your help, i appreciate that <3

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube