add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which CPU cooler do you suggest?

leetmad
  • 1 month ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cPHFmg

Hey fellas, What can I get that doesn't swallow my mobo and detract from aesthetic. The low-profile coolers with horizontal flow doesn't seem like a good fit either due to inefficiency or weird look, and the massive heads of say fans like the Mugen 5 Rev b or the Fuma 2 seem to engulf the mobo and surrounding ram. Landed on a deepcool and reviews seem legit, but frankly dunno a darn thing about that company, fellas.

Second question - If I eventually drop $$ to upgrade to a AIO cpu cooler (tbh huge fan of the look.. The corsair icue, the NXZT pump infinity mirror, ooo! baby. anyway) with a 240 or 280 rad, would I stick that on the front? The Elite case only has singular top and back vents for fan mounting and as I'm said, airflow is a concern and rad on front wouldn't exactly bring cool air into the case right? Do I do a single 140mm AIO cpu cooler and mount rad to top vent and keep two front fans and one rear fan airflow direction? I've read single liquid aio is a waste of money because at that point air cooling is just as effective. I'm torn and a rookie lol. SOS plox <333

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

with a 240 or 280 rad, would I stick that on the front?

Yes, the front supports both 240+280 radiators. Assumning you are planning on keeping the two pre-installed 140mm AER RGB fans, you'll want to grab a 280mm radiator (AIO).

The Elite case only has singular top and back vents for fan mounting and as I'm said, airflow is a concern and rad on front wouldn't exactly bring cool air into the case right?

The front air intake is achieved from the side vent, which surprisingly works well (adequately @ stock conditions). The front fans will pull "cooler" air (from the outside) through the vent and pass through the radiator which in some tests dictates better performance. Anyway this comparison doesn't matter - since the H510 elite doesnt support 280mm rads on the rear/top and a 280mm rad is always going to outperform a 120/140mm option (by a clear mile).

Do I do a single 140mm AIO cpu cooler and mount rad to top vent and keep two front fans and one rear fan airflow direction?

The H500 elite only supports a 120mm rad on the rear (not 140mm). The top mount is fan-only (unless there is a workaround with a super thin closed loop rad, which I'm not aware of).

I've read single liquid aio is a waste of money because at that point air cooling is just as effective. I'm torn and a rookie lol. SOS plox <333

Actually $50-$90 higher tier beefier air coolers (which are also liquid based) perform as good as a 280mm AIOs. Likewise mid-ranged $35-$40 air coolers perform as good as 120/140mm AIOs. Going AIO is a user preference based on the aesthetic appeal or just fancying something lesser of a stuffer opposed to those chunky and RGB RAM over-shadowing heatsinks.

To get a better feel with weighed in options: view user completed builds which use the same case: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/kpx2FT You can also filter down the search results (from the left pane) with your/user selected cooling options (120mm/280mm/beefier air coolers/moderate ones/etc). I always tend to view completed builds to get a better idea as to which parts will represent my personal aesthetic leanings and what is compatible without having to refer to documentation/specs/etc (although it's always a good idea to double check).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My dude, your feedback is REALLY helpful. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

AIO coolers are quite niche, generally better off maintenance and cash wise just getting some good case fans and a conventional cooler. I know, I know, the concept and aesthetics of the AIO kits are nice, but you're throwing money at a gimmick that would be better spent elsewhere.

If you do have your heart set on an AIO, try for a 140mm rad and set it up to blow out of the top of the case:

case

fan ^

radiator

fan ^

That should compliment with the natural heat exhaust rising. Then have a couple of 140mm fans set up to draw air in through the front and/or bottom of the tower. and an other fan, probably a 120mm drawing air out of the back of the case too.

Assuming you would be going for an NZXT AIO, then you're looking at spending an other $150-200 depending exactly what/where you buy at a glance.

You're on the right track for conventional coolers if the massive heat-fin monsters of downward facing coolers don't appeal to you. However with these "fanwich" coolers bear in mind they are generally more noisy that other coolers as there is less heat-dissipation, they are more reliant on air flow for cooling. It might be worth investigating some of the "be quiet!", "Cooler Master" and "Noctua" offerings too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube