add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What should I change with my build?

Daniel_Amegatse
  • 3 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dJhZ27 ^ That's what I have if the thing is marked purchased it is in my PC right now.

I bought parts around black Friday 2019 and built it on December 8th I think. I can only play low FPS games right now like CSGO and Minecraft. I also only have an SSD. With the 2080 super, I think I should go with a Red Devil 5700XT for the cost. With the HDD I think it is fine right now. I would have to change the monitor for FreeSync if I get the 5700XT. With the fans, I think they are good. Do all of these things sound good or do I have to change anything for the build to be better.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

With the 2080 super, I think I should go with a Red Devil 5700XT for the cost.

Or RTX 2070 SUPER - $200 saved and accounts for 12-15% better performance over the 5700 XT. Other benefits: better driver support as AMD driver conflicts remain (in a handful of game titles - not all). The 2070 SUPER, although a $100 more over the 5700 XT, also makes sense as it avoids having to purchase a dedicated FreeSync panel (as mentioned).

If the GPU can be a delayed a little longer, NVIDIA is set to launch next GEN AMPERE cards - rumoured for launch in the 2nd quarter of 2020. Some rumours suggest a massive shift in performance, as much as 50%+ (others are suggesting greater perf percentages). Being these higher mid-ranged GPUs are expensive, you are more likely to achieve greater performance for the same cost with NEXT GEN offerings.

I guess the above is only valid if you have a 1440p workable decent card already or if you're willing to wait.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I will go with an RX 580 or another budget card for now then sell it once Gen Ampere comes out, and buy a better permanent card that costs a bit more.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card $209.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $209.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-20 15:58 EST-0500

this would hold you off for the longest.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube