add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
WarDaddy303
  • 1 month ago

Okay, so this will be my first custom PC. I had a buddy overlook it the only thing he had me change was the tower now that I edited that I'm reaching out here, please be critical. I know nothing about this so a Pro/Cons would be nice. I'd like this to be a top-end build for a few years at least able to run just about any game on Highest graphics with a good frame rate. Aswell not being the potato of the group online Something I could be happy about. I know little about Anti Virus but like anyone, I mod my games so should I get that? Some other things I'd like out of the build Cool lights, recording, and editing, great storage, not loud, easy to clean. Eventually add a second monitor. oh and everything nicely compatible.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WarDaddy303/saved/#view=dRTYgs

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Good build, but switch the KF to just the K.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me, what case did you change from? I tend to favour mid size cases as I find full towers too large, but that's your personal preference ofc.

Did you look at an amd build? $500 will get you a 12 core (24 thread) cpu which will help editing and other cpu intensive tasks. Gaming performance is the same at 1440p/4k and you also have a little more longevity in the platform as there's another round of compatible cpus coming out later this year.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Five hundred more? I forgot to mention my budget is 2500. The case was originally a mid my buddy was going on about space. also would like to add tracker IR and a joystick next year

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No, just $500, same price as the intel cpu you have selected.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tLCD4D/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-36-ghz-12-core-processor-100-100000023box
(actually $470 atm)

Hmm, well I disagree about needing the space a full provides vs a mid tower, mids will still take a full size atx mobo and have multiple 3½" drive bays for more storage later, but like I said I think that's personal preference, I know some folks prefer the more spacious look you can get with a full tower.

edit. never seen that track ir before, looks cool!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WarDaddy303/saved/#view=gD7RTW How does this look had to swap the motherboard because it said it wasn't compatible. Did I overdo the lights? is everything going to stay cool? I feel like I have a billion questions.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Looks ok overall though there's a couple of points. Ryzen likes faster ram and doesn't really seem to like having all ram slots filled, tho I think there's some variability depending on cpu, mobo and ram speed. I would prolly try and get 2x 16gig sticks of 3600 (16 cas or lower).

The case had a solid front panel so that will restrict airflow to some degree, I tend to try and recommend cases with mesh front panels to help that, phanteks p400 digital is well reviewed if you like the look of it, there's plenty of other choices tho ofc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QdXYcf/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-digital-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec400atg_dbk

LED bling is totally down to your personal preference, some people like a lot some don't like any.

Fire away with whatever questions you've got, that's what we're here for :D

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WarDaddy303/saved/#view=3mKXbv

I feel like I'm learning a bit just going through stuff, what about this swapped out the "Ram Sticks"? put a different cooler on and power supply (for looks mostly). as well a different video card (looks again) but the numbers are the same is it as good?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Whenever some1 with high budget mentiones max or so settings + editing, my mind wonders to 2 processors. Intel Core i9 9900K & Ryzen 9 3900X. Though when it comes to actually making a build, I in approximately 99.98% of cases utterly ignore Intel for whatever reason. i9 9900K is a laughable product. i7 9700K as I understand it matches it in pure gaming performance for about 60% or maybe 70% of the price. While Ryzen 9 3900X wipes the floor with it in editing and productivity in general (for those in the know obvious reasons)… well usually lol.

So here ,a very nice Ryzen 9 3900X Be Quiet build. Well mostly be quiet. Sadly be quiet seems to be avoiding RGB for whatever reason. As is Noctua. Oh and Arctic as well I believe lmao

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor $469.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler $89.90 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $89.99 @ Best Buy
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $89.99 @ Best Buy
Storage HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $144.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card $769.99 @ B&H
Case be quiet! Silent Base 601 ATX Mid Tower Case $139.90 @ Amazon
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $89.90 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-bit $139.00 @ B&H
Case Fan PC Cooler Moonlight Series 5 in 1 Kit Upgrade 54 CFM 120 mm Fans $66.98 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2320.61
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-16 13:32 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube