add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
R@tHead
  • 1 month ago

I'm looking for any suggestions or critique on these build options. I'm a big fan of ROG so I decided that I would use as much ROG products on this build. I'm still trying to decide which brand CPU i should go with. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BH2RzN vs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nhcwyk

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'm still trying to decide which brand CPU i should go with.

To determine which CPU is best:

1). Purpose of use? (gaming/streaming/editing/rendering/etc)

2). Are you looking to manually overclock and is the possibility of overclocking an absolute requirement?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Main purpose will be for gaming. mostly simulator games especially Flight sim 2020 that coming up. I'm interesting in learning how to overclock.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If money is not an issue you might want to look at the Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME. It will take full advantage of the PCIe 4.0 that your motherboard supports.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks for the tip.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

1 VERY important thing regarding PCIe 4.0. Many people , especially Intel people seem to be unaware that 4.0 is currently reserved just for AMD and their X570 boards on AM4 platform.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Noted, thanks

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

np

• 1 month ago
  • -1 points

300$ cooler for 170$ Ryzen??? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?lmao That X570 Asus ROG has superior Wi-Fi capabilities than that separate Wi-Fi adapter.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

As I stated in the description I'm big fan of the ROG products and this cooler is one of favorite ones and that wasn't the price when it was added to the list.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

I can understand that. I wasn't judging you for 300$ cooler, just a shock considering CPU. If you put Core i9900K in Intel build, why not place instead of R5 3600, the mighty 12 cores/ 24 threads Ryzen 9 3900X in the AMD build?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ok I understand. This the reason I posted them here so I could get everyone's opinion to make sure I get the right stuff. I see what you're saying about getting the Ryzen 9 3900X if I'm going the AMD route.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you wish to match i9 9900K as much as possible with AMD, a 3900X or 3950X would be your options. Though from what I hear, Intel Core i9 9900K isn't all that better than Core i7 9700K.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube