add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC build Compatibility ??

Ghoulsby
  • 3 months ago

Hi!

I'm looking into building a PC again after almost 10 years of crappy Laptops and Console gaming. Wanted your opinions on this build...but more specifically the compatibility notes at the bottom.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bh8Gb8

I customized this build on CyberpowerPC and brought the parts list to PCPartPicker's System Builder to see the comparison...The 1yr parts warranty and 1yr CPU tuning protection make Cyberpower seem the better route to go ...well, that and my lack of building know-how :)
$20 parts price difference ;excluding taxes and shipping from Cyberpower ($2185)

Anyway, as per PCpartspicker Compatibility Notes (copy/pasted below), will I run into any issues that should be looked into for changes?

Note 1: The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

Note 2: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

Note 3: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/opinions!!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't worry about the warnings. The first one would only come into play if you were heavily overclock a top of the line CPU. Your system is pull just under 500 watts, so nothing to worry about.

the second one is pretty standard. M.2 drive do use to SATA channels, but you have six and are only adding one more drive.

The last one does not matter either since you are using an AIO.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply.

I def want the option to possibly OC the 9900 in the future, but its certainly way down the list. :) I'll research more if that time comes.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You can still OC with an 8 pin connector. The kind of OCing he is talking about you would need to be throwing crazy voltage at and you would need custom liquid cooling to tame that heat.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the list suggestions, I'm not up to speed on NVMe so I'll look into it more.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube