add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
waj287
  • 2 months ago

Just saw it today. IT IS SO GOOD.

• The cinematography was probably the best I've ever seen in a movie. The one continuous shot effect was done beautifully, the environments were nicely shown, there was no real waste of film.
  • The atmosphere created was how any war movie should be done. It never relied on anything explicitly graphic or action based; it immerses you in through the tragedy and eerieness of seeing abandoned battlefields and buildings. The sporadic attempts at action were done well, and there was again no wasted time with these segments.
  • Music was amazing. It was probably the best fit for any soundtrack, every song seemed well placed and the usage of ambient tracks over a more explicit score helped the atmosphere so well.

10/10. Go see it ASAP.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Def. agree. A buddy and I saw it the other day. Probably best war film I've seen in a LONG time (ever, maybe). I saw a trailer talking about the one shot film and I was like "Wait a second..." but it turned out fantastic.

Very immersive film. Very raw. If you wanted to know what it was like to be in a trench, I think they did an excellent job.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

yep agreed. Really liked the music and atmosphere.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This one is on my list. It looks great. I've been on a string of good movies lately and this should fit right in.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube