add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Artatine

1 month ago

Good evening to whom is reading it at that time of the day. If any of you have been paying attention to the stock market, AMD has been hitting new highs. What's not to like? The answer to that question is their P/E ratio. That sucker's at 250 right now. Overpriced much? But would you guys consider it a buy or sell based on the new predictions from analysts coming out? Feel more than welcome to also comment on other stocks like nVidia and Intel.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

AMD is definitely over priced right now and the main reason why AMD grew by 130%+ in 2019 is that sweet sweet ryzen gravy train. Now you see the problem is that ryzen probably wont be continued after this year which is a very big risk to current AMD shareholders. Sure, EYPC is a thing and i guess they also have a GPU marketshare that hasn't broken 20% in the last 5 years but it isn't a long term sustainable business model. Let alone any potential market crashes AMD is a very cyclical company in what is one of the most cyclical sectors of the stock market.

But would you guys consider it a buy or sell based on the new predictions from analysts coming out?

Personally dont really care for these "analysts" predictions but i look for a good business model, at a discount with good future growth potential.

As for Nvidia and Intel,

Well Nvidia is a great long term stock to buy and is poised as great dividend growth stock in the future but it trades at a premium at the moment. Solid business model and a monopoly on the graphics card market, both consumer and enterprise.

Intel probably is the best bushiness model out of all 3. Sure its consumer sector CPU sales are down and it always concerns shareholders whenever a techtuber talks some much needed trash about intel. However its brand name alone still sells ( My current CPU is an intel ) and has most of its business outside of the CPU market. Inculding Robotics, AI , Smart Cities, 5G, Big data etc. Which generates intel a nice long term average return, something Nvidia cant even say. It also is currently at a discount, which is always good.

Anyways i have shares of all 3 but i think owning just one of these 3 will give you a good enough exposure of this sector. But then again im not a financial expert so do your own research!

Another stock i like ( and own ) currently is Tesla which has been on a climb recently! I think Tesla is finally getting the recognition it deserves from the "analysts" at "wallstreet". And unlike AMD i dont think Tesla is a ticking time bomb waiting to burst any day soon and i think it will be the next big tech $1000+ stock in the next few years. Cant wait for 2020 profits! This is one of my core positions and i am definitely longing the stock for many years to come.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

AMD looks great just broke all time high = bullish.

Intel and Nvidia will probably retest their own all time highs in the next couple weeks/months.

Overall markets are very bullish and it's just an amazing time for traders and stockowners. How long will it last? Don't know.

(Disclaimer this is not financial advice).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

AMD is a crapshoot right now with Apple putting the crunch on TSMC who is cutting back supply of the N7+ node to satisfy demand for N5 and the expected N6 customer switch isn't happening like planned.

They already have board partners stating they can't get enough Navi parts to start production runs.

To make matters worse both Intel and NVidia have contracted Samsung for production of upcoming models as well so there really isn't a fallback for AMD if TSMC can't supply.

So it's easy to see a correction coming if there is a similar continuing or increased demand.

Intel will likely see a pretty significant profit margin hit giving this change, but should be able to offset that in total sales being less supply limited unlike the last three years.

NVidia is business as usual for this year at least.

Next year will be far more interesting I think.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'm a day trader....don't care about long term goals or profits in companies. My profits are made daily as long as the stock is liquid (high volume). I rarely hold overnight. AMD happens to be one of the stocks I day trade. Good price movements during the day, easy to get in and out. ROKU is another good stock to day trade. Great daily price swings.

May your profits be large and your losses small...

• 20 days ago
  • 1 point

I wanted to buy amd stock at the beginning of the month, i wish i would have been able to, i cant becase im not 18 for 2 more weeks, i did however look into it and amd stock is set up weirdly. i dont completely understand how it works but the return is set up differently i suggest you understand that before investing

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

AMD is definitely an anomaly in the sector ( microchip manufacturing ) and took me at least 6 hours of research to finally feel comfortable buying in ( i think i bought 4 months ago ) and that research definitely paid off in the end. Anyways when you start to invest i'd wait for a significant dip before you buy AMD stock, regardless of any other factors.

Anyways i agree with your point on learning how a company works before investing because researching stocks will allow you to sift through the mediocrity and you'll almost always come out ahead of most investors.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Have you seen their keynote?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube