add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cube case. Vertical power supply

kbb1993
  • 2 months ago

I have an Anidees Crystal cube case. There is only room to put the power supply in vertically. Should the fan face inward to the motherboard? Or outward to the glass panel of the back of the case.

Neither seems great

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If its this case http://anidees.com/product/ai-crystal-cube-ar/ put it towards the glass. Psu isn't fully against the glass so should still pull air according to the link.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It seems to have space to pull air from either side. Not sure why people are so worried about PSUs pulling air from inside the case. With good case airflow the inside of the case will not be that hot to begin with and won't cause your PSU to overheat. Unless you are running the PSU at 95%+ of its capacity which I don't recommend anyhow. If you only run your PSU at 50-60% of its max capacity then it should thermally be well below its max and having the intake air 5c or so hotter will not have any negative impact on the PSU.

I have a coolermaster elite 130 case for my HTPC and I use the PSU to suck air out of the case to help improve its airflow.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube