add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Jake_Swinton

1 month ago

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nGBbp8 So I have just built my first PC, but sadly there is an issue. I have plugged everything in with power. All the fan spin and light up. But there is no display on my monitor. There is a led on the motherboard that has cpu wrote above it. There is another led next to it that reads VGA. When the PC turns on the cpu light turn red for about 5secs then turns off, then after 5secs the VGA light turns red and stays on. There is no output, anyone know what could be wrong?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

could be a problem with the gpu. Make sure the gpu is installed correctly and all cables are plugged in correctly.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have plugged the cables in properly, even the gpu light is on the actual graphics cards. Like the name of it is lit up.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Take out the gpu from mobo and install again. also Disconnect all storage. Keep only 1 RAM stick. If that doesn't work try another pcie slot for the gpu. If you have another gpu you can try that to. ALso try different cables for monitor like hdmi or displayport.

It could also be that you have an early bios version then it won't be boot because of the newer cpu.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I just took the gpu out and put it back in and it worked lol! Thanks for the help

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Good to hear!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube