add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My PC is bootlooping and never reaches POST

cucumber_bus

1 month ago

Here is the part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cucumber_bus/saved/

PC part picker says I need to update BIOS for the motherboard with another CPU. I have another CPU but am unsure on how to update the motherboard's BIOS. Would this be a reason for it to bootloop? If yes, how would I update the BIOS?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have reseated the RAM and tried to use the onboard graphics instead of the GPU. I have also taken the CMOS battery out and put it back in.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There is nothing in your part list link. Would be good to know what parts you use and what that other cpu is that you have. Updating a bios is very simple. If in the future you manage to boot you go into bios and check the current bios number you are on. Then go to the manufacturer website of that mobo go to support (probably) and then download if needed the latest bios. put it on a USB stick go into bios again and install it.

Thats the short version but can tell more if i know what mobo and parts you are working with.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Sorry about the list. My parts are: AMD Ryzen 5 3.6ghz ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB G1 Gaming Video Card Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case Corsair CX 430 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply And I am running on Windows 10.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Also, I have been unable to boot no matter what I do.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You said you have also another cpu what cpu is it?

Also what ryzen 5 cpu do you have?

Disconnect all storage. Keep only 1 RAM stick. make sure all cables are installed correctly. Make sure the gpu is seated correctly so take it out and install it again. ALso try different cables for monitor like hdmi or displayport.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

All I have in the computer right now is the CPU, Motherboard, and Powersupply. The other cpu is a AMD I think Athlon. Can I even update the BIOS considering my computer never actually sends any signal? Also just to clarify the issue, initially the computer would turn on for a very brief period of time before turning off, but now sometimes it can last up to near 5 minutes.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I really need to know what cpu's those are. Is it a ryzen 5 3600? or a 2400g? anything else? I can't recommend anything if i don't know what cpu's those are.

All I have in the computer right now is the CPU, Motherboard, and Powersupply.

you also need atleast 1 stick of ram to try to boot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube