add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I7-7700k Budget Cooler

Amulsingh01

1 month ago

I'm giving my I7 to a friend who will not be overclocking, but needs a decent budget air cooler. I'm not sure how well a Hyper 212 will perform, but I was looking at the Cryorig H7. His budget as preferably under 50, but he can go a little over.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

... not be overclocking ... decent budget air cooler.

If purchasing within the US/Canada,
The Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 series should be more than sufficient.

NB: Lifespan of the fan will obviously not be the same league as that offered by Noctua brand or any other fans using FDB.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Lifespan of the fan will obviously not be the same league as that offered by Noctua brand or any other fans using FDB

Other benefits of a tower air cooler. If a fan dies you can replace the fan without needing to replace the whole cooler. Not the same story for AIOs if you have pump failure. Though generally even bad fans are likely to last a couple of years. Unlike cheap PSUs bad fans won't wreck your PC when they fail and due to CPU thermal safeguards if the fan suddenly dies with no warning the system can shut itself off to protect itself. Though when fans die it is usually the bearings and they become really loud first so you know then to replace a fan.

As for Noctua fan quality......They are likely to last 20+ years with no issues, as long as it is not completely caked with dust for most of its life. People tend to compare other fans to Noctua as the gold standard for quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube