add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Newb question Corsair H100i

ValhallaOutcast

2 months ago

My case (NZXT H200) came with two 120mm fans both as exhaust , I want to get the Corsair H100i (RGB one)

Could I swap out the Corsair RGB fans with the NZXT case fans, my though is the RGB fans look nice setup as exhaust fans because the bracket is not visible OR my other thought is leave the RGB fans on the radiator as exhaust fans but that would mean I would have two fans and a AIO all set to exhaust

Look for people with experience with ITX cases

My video card is a blower style so its also exhausting out the back

As of right know I do not have intake fans just the two fans that came with the case, I have only been using it for a year so I couldn't even begin to guess if my current airflow is good or bad

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The short answer to your first question is no.

Do not switch the AIO fans with the case fans because the case fans are built for airflow but the radiator fans are built for static pressure. Static pressure fans are better at moving air through obstacles, like your radiator. Airflow fans have a hard time doing this because of their gaped design.

You should put the radiator in the front of the case and set it up in a pull configuration. You will lose a bit of the RGB from the AIO fans but I don't suggest setting up the radiator as exhaust because it will just suck up the waste heat from the GPU. Pull configurations are also easier to clean off dust.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The short answer is yes you would mount the H100 in the front of the case. Blowing in.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h200-matte-white

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks and would it matter what side of the radiator I mount the fans as long as they are blowing in?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

If the fans are in push or pull config the difference in cooling power between the 2 is well within the margin of error on testing. Basically that means both push and pull setups will function the same.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so would you never use a AIO exhaust? you only want to use for drawing in air from the outside of case? and than it just comes down to pushing or pull the air through the radiator?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I was referring to if you have fans blowing air into the radiator (push) or fans sucking air out of the radiator (pull) as both having identical performance.

As for if you have the radiator at the front where the air going through it is fresh from outside the case you will get better temps on the CPU that way but higher temps on the GPU. When you have the CPU radiator as exhaust at the top instead you will have a warmer CPU and a cooler GPU as the GPU isn't getting the CPU heat.

Now the actual difference in temps is if the CPU AIO rad is intake at the front is 1 to 3 c lower CPU temps and 1 to 3 C higher GPU temps. If the CPU dumps its heat outside the case at the top for exhaust then the 1 to 3 C differences would be reversed between the 2. The difference is not going to make a huge difference overall. It will not make your PC suddenly explode if you set it one way or another. What I would suggest as you build your system put the radiator in the spot you feel most comfortable putting it or where ever looks best to you. Of course this is assuming you have sufficient case airflow which you can get in a H200 case.

I am phrasing it this way to show that front intake or top exhaust decision is really splitting hairs and both will technically work.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks I think cosmetics is on the forefront because the case has a tempered glass and do not like the way fans looks with the back(bracket/motor) side showing , thats why I was hoping the fans were the same as the case fans for a easy swap but I guess I will just by some fans

thanks for the info

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I am confusing myself by not understanding push and pull or using terms wrong by saying intake and exhaust

Now that I have watched a few videos I think I understand but just looking for clarity, if I mount it in the front and have the "nice" side of the fan showing than thats a push setup?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube