add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua NH-D15 something feels off

Adanos93

2 months ago

My computer has been arrived today that I have ordered prebuild with chosen component by myself (like the Noctua NH-D15 cooler, that we are speaking about). When I got it out of the box something fell off with the CPU cooler and a few second later I realized it was oblique. Instead of moving the front cooler up they installed it like this, even there was free space between the side of the case. Also the end of 3-4 fins was bent. Is it normal for this kind of CPU cooler or will it cause problems in the future? Should I do something with it myself or should I send it back? Or there is the possibility that I'm just overreacting things.

I have attached some images from the cooler: top down side bent fins

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The bent fins are a non-issue, but the out of place cooler sure is. It likely damaged the motherboard, or the CPU, or both. Yes, send it back.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I would be willing to bet that the board is dead. A large HSF that is unsupported will can wreak havoc since it weighs a lot is attached to the board which has to support it and when the PC gets tossed around (it happens during shipping) all of that weight causes a significant amount of stress on the board and mounting hardware. Ask me how I know....

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

big yikes, it wasn't mounted/shipped properly. Get your money back and use a better service

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

that entire cooler is bent out of place, leaning towards the back of the PC. Like something heavy was pushed onto it or the box the PC was in was dropped on the back.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why most builders that are shipping a PC use AIO coolers. To heavey for shipment

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh it's indeed oblique.

...or should I send it back?

Yes, you should send it back definitely!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

So i thought lets some fun (or just watch the computer burn) before I send it back on monday . Happy to tell you that the PC is okay. I have tested with Memtest, Cinebench R20, 3Dmark, HWiNFO64 and a few others and even when it's overclocked and under full load the CPU cores stayed under 70 celsius. Games are running fine on it. But yes, aesthetically it's looks really ugly, i won't be able sell the system later like this, so i ask for a change.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If everything turns out OK, you should get them to re-supply you a new NH-D15.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube