add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AIO for R5 3600?

RowanJ22

1 month ago

I probably just like the look, but since the Ryzen 5 3600 is only a 65w CPU, will an AIO really give me a performance boost or should I just go for a decent aftermarket air cooler, lets just say looks dont matter and im going for best bang for buck.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Tower cooler is going to be your best bet.

If you want bang for the buck.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $19.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-16 16:19 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I figured, but definately will pick a tower cooler with better looks, lol.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Bang for the buck doesn't buy looks.

I would at one of the newer 212 black, RGB black, or a Scythe Mugen 5.

With Cryorig abandoning the U.S. market there isn't a whole bunch of stand out options anymore.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

yea i was looking at those, but i think im going for the darkrock from be quiet! performes great and looks great, and half the price of a kraken, which is what i was origionally going for.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Its overpriced and overrated but your money to spend, check out the reviews of the models I listed above all three are cheaper and better buys.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thank you!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yup, going with the 212 black, thanks again.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Best bang for the buck air cooler for the 3600 is likely the Gammaxx 400 at $20. Even a decent air cooler like the Mugen 5 or Thermalright Macho rev. b wouldn't really give much higher performance at that point, but would give lower temperatures and give you more headroom if you upgraded to a beefier CPU down the line.

If you want an AiO for looks, that's fine too. I'd recommend at least a 240mm though so if you feel like upgrading CPUs before the AiO dies you won't be as constricted thermally.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube