add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pretty sweet 500 rig?

Retep5000

66 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33Ghz Dual-Core Processor $50.95 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Gelid Solutions CC-Siberian-01 51.9 CFM CPU Cooler $9.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT Micro ATX LGA775 Motherboard $72.88 @ NCIX US
Memory Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card $145.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cougar Spike MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.99 @ TigerDirect
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $47.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) Purchased For $0.00
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $5.72 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $488.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 21:20 EDT-0400

So i made it this way because My friends computer which is dirt old and has slightly worse parts then these and outdated parts like ddr2 stuff and 49$ cpu yati yada can RUN skyrim , LOL , dungeon defenders, borderlands, SC2 all that poop even something like cry or whatever on high reso and high graphics and still have a decent 60 Cap fps (he caps it at 60) So i was wondering if mine which has a better cpu and gpu would still operate like his.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

This will perform better for this budget.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $109.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $70.66 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X 1GB Video Card $113.57 @ Amazon
Case NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $37.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $505.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 21:34 EDT-0400
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

that may be better, but i want bare minimum and anything higher that dual or quad core I don't like. I know that it's better, but you also took out my fan and cpu cooler so it's not exactly cheap. I might use this build though I don't know yet

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you want something worse than you can get?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Money doesn't grow on trees :3 and most of the 600-Infinity$$$ builds give you like 30-infinity fps anyways so I'll just stick to underkill and the cheap stuff since im 100% sure that this can still run everything i want it to on high graphics at like 20-50 fps which is awesome, BUT!!!!! I want Cheaper !!!!(plz) edit: I retract that apparently 60 fps is a good limit, but im satisfied with 20-30

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, what xx116xx said. More cores will help in games, plus the CPU you chose is really old. My friend had one and he couldn't play Minecraft with a 7770 at more than 45 fps. Once he got the 8320 I told him too he could easily play at over 150 fps, and BF3 went up from 30 on high to around 50.

Also Skyrim needs a good CPU, you can't just cheap out on it.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

This cpu is better than my friends by 100 series and its even rated better and he can play Minecraft and Skyrim easy and it looks nice. Some "people" think that having 100+ is cool and all but its a waste I just want to stick to 20~30 idc if its more. Yeah woo 150 fps too bad I don't have super vision or a monitor that refreshes that fast lol. P.s. You don't get fps from the cpu it may help but in the end its the Gpu eh.?!:~ Edit: Also retracting the 20-30 being the best in general 60 is a good limit, But I am sticking to 20-30 cuz i like it and it's not bad

• 66 months ago
  • 3 points

The point being made is that while your build may be sufficient, for the exact same amount of money you can have a newer, better performing computer that will last longer.

Your build uses a CPU that resides on a platform that is no longer being used. Upgrading isn't really an option. If you are interested in sticking with Intel, consider the Pentium G3220. It completely wipes the floor with the E8600 and resides on a platform that is up to date. The HD 7790 is quite literately an R7 260X, yet the 260X is cheaper.

Here is a suggestion for an AMD build, with the much stronger R7 265. It comes in only $2 more than your build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3t9Nt

This is an Intel that vlad007 came up with in one of your other threads. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3t8Mj

Both are better than the build you posted and come in under budget.

With a few minor changes to vlad's build, your now down to $420 and still out performing your original build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ta9F

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I noticed that the R7 260 was better so I changed out that 50$ higher card for the one you suggested. I'm also aware that i'm using old sockets , but I'm not really planning on upgrading you should see what i'm using right now........ this build is godly compared to my current one . But I am curious is there somewhere I can compare the Intel core 2 vs Intel Pentium? performance? Edit: Not planning on upgrading very soon at all

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

But if you can get more FPS for the same price, why not get the better system?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

my build is 140$ cheaper than the builds with better stuff why get greedy ?

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Why an after market cpu cooler nd case fan

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

well the after market cooler because that cpu doesn't come with a stock cooler :3

AND the fan because I like extra air cooling and its blue! Precautions from overheating since The experience with my friends similar cpu is overheating unless he has his HOUSE fan on it constantly

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

So, what exactly is the question?

Slightly confused. Are you just trying to build a $500 computer?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I Want a computer that will run all the games mentioned above at the lowest price possible. Like less then 488$ if possible

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Here. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3tlK6 For $430, this is pretty much the best you can get.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Question though where can i find the specs on an intergrated gpu

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't mean to come off as a **** but you're getting a lot of good help here about getting better parts well within the price range your talking about and shooting them all down. Seems like you made up your mind before you came here.

With all that said the build MikeYFItalian posted is great. If your on a budget amd cpu are the way to go and they are fantastic for the price/performance ratio. I would take some of the advice here and built a better computer for the same price then what you posted. You might be used to gaming at low fps and still think it looks great. But with better hardware and room to upgrade in the future. Along with slightly better fps and all around better graphics you wont regret it.

Also to go along with MikeYFItalian build you could drop the 260x card and pick up a 7770 gpu, can usually find then for around 85-100$ save a few extra bucks for your budget.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

You know that i took the parts they told me right like i got rid of tje e8500 cpu and took the g3220 that he told me and for the gpu i also toon their advoce cause i liked it better.

I took their advice i jit ask alot of questions and i consodered the 7770 but i dont like it the fps drops below what i want to run . I was using the 275 gtx as my baseline for the fps that i wanted.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

They both helped alot i took their advice dony have to be such a **** plz

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont like the cpu he suggested though i mean ots good but im not a fan of tons of cores. The 260x was amazing love it amd it only costs 113$ I guess i wasnt updating much of my post , but i was tinkering around with ideas

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $79.19 @ TigerDirect
Motherboard MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard $84.98 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $69.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $129.50 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case $42.99 @ Mwave
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $47.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $509.61
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-18 16:41 EDT-0400
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty, I know the title says 500$ ,but i dropped it to 449$ because i wanted bare minimum performance if you can beat the performance or at least beat an E8500 cpu and a gtx 275 gpu for less then 450$ then yeah this is what i have so far PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor $61.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $52.99 @ Micro Center
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X 1GB Video Card $113.57 @ Amazon
Case Cougar Spike MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.99 @ TigerDirect
Power Supply Antec 450W ATX Power Supply $36.98 @ Best Buy
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) Purchased For $0.00
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $5.72 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $424.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-18 16:49 EDT-0400
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh 449 was with a fake part i added whoops

• 66 months ago
  • -1 points

Im used to 20 FPS and that looks beautiful so I don't want more then 40

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube