add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Storms (way way way way way OT)

floridaboz

1 month ago

Okay, OT is very slow today, so maybe this will give it some life... and i am bored.

What is your thoughts about storms....

Personally, i like them, as long as they are not to damaging. I bring up this topic because there seems to be a pretty bad storm outside right now, and OT has been very slow.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 10 points

OT is very slow today, so maybe this will give it some life... and i am bored.

So you're hoping people will storm this thread?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If you continue with your puns, the Galactic Senate will seal your fate.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

I AM the senate.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Not yet.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

That sounds like a harsh punishment

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

off with ye head

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Maybe not storm to my thread, but at least not be a barren wasteland

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

As a x wow player, i dont even have to click on the link... Thanks for making me want to go jump on the game, lol

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn’t recommend jumping on the game. Apparently these types of things are not susceptible to physical attacks. I would instead recommend a majorly buffed warlock so as to avoid damage incurred by the close-range AoE counter, “sharp fragments of debris.”

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I mained a Balance Druid with a resto off spec for like 4 or 5 years, so the warlock thing might not happen (death knight prior, and prior to that, a Paladin...)

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I always mained a BM hunter, so I don’t really know why I said warlock.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

When I was little I always wanted to be a Storm Chaser (still kinda do). Weather is always fascinating so when you have this giant destructive funnel from the heavens of course it’s even more interesting!

Too bad Tornadoes are also deadly, while a sight to behold their destruction is crazy.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Was a storm here yesterday I think that had some heckin' lightning in it.

I enjoy storms, especially if there's a lot of lightning. I like watching it rain and seeing wind blow and stuff like that. Lot of power in those things.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I love storms. I just like how exciting it is watching them blow up and watching them come through. I love storms with a lot of loud thunder and lighting. Maybe some hail. And a tornado if it stays out of town. If I had a truck I'd go chase them. If I wasn't going into IT this fall I would have studied meteorology.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Violent storms are cool to watch from safety. I've been in several up close and personal and it's terrifying. I don't have to do that anymore so I watch from shelter or video. Why tempt fate?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Aww darn, I had an OT topic. Ah well, I'll send it up in a few hours.

As for storms.... As long as my power doesn't go out (or the 4th tree doesn't fall on our house), I like them. We don't have to water the grass, as can let the car wash itself, and I have an excuse to stay inside and play CS:Go.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I wish i had the pictures, i almost did have a tree fall on my house, but just because it was to old, and to large. Fell over night, and hit inches from my house and my truck. When i say inches, i mean INCHES, maybe 3 feet from my house, but near enough to my truck where i am sure leafs hit the back bumper of the truck. Seems like your tree luck was not as good as mine...

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Well, all previous 3 just barely missed our house. I ended up chopping one of them up with a garden mattock. That hurt.

Problem is, our house is new, but the builder did a ****** job. The land around us is unstable, he used subpar labor and materials, and he didn't honor our contract. Things are messy here.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

It hasn't rained in over 100 days here, nothing but deadly heat. Ah yes i remember it, i was leaving work and it was cloudy. About half way home the visibility went to 0 i couldn't see the car in front of me and it rained for about an hour, non stop pouring. Wind gusts up to 75 supposedly caused 1.5million in damages across my area. Stopped at a gas station as we were next to it when the visibility disappeared. That was some next level luck there.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

...OT is very slow today...

I can fix that...only if philip would allow another karma thread... :P

edit: added a new topic to spice things up a bit in OT ;)

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I am about to go hijack the **** out of that topic.. Just kidding, I would not do that. Have not been there (about to go, when you read this comment i will already of been there) OT history sounds like it should be interesting.

Are we still allowed to swear in OT?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I like summer storms, just heavy rainfall and a decent bit of wind. It's nice to be outside at those times. Very refreshing. Makes me want to put on a sad playlist and cry. Also very refreshing.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I grew up in Illinois and Wisconsin - there were many storms. I now live in an area where there are maybe 1 or 2 storms during the summer, a few during winter. No one likes winter storms. I miss the summer storms - but on the flip side, it is nice to be able to plan things for each weekend and be 95% certain you can do it outside. In Wisconsin, I did live part of my adult life there, it seemed that when the weekend came around, it would rain or storm.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I like storms as long as I can keep my power, they don't damage anything, and they aren't super loud. Haha, I even kayaked to my friend's house down the street during Hurricane Irma.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube