add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Friend I’ve known for 5 years blocked me

SicɅrius

2 months ago

So basically I have this female friend, that I’ve known for 5 years. She’s been acting weird for the past 2 years, like not talking to me for no specific reason, not saying happy birthday to me, giving me a laminated piece of paper with a couple of pictures (after I gave her an authentic fan from China that cost 20 bucks with her name and everything), she says she’s busy then gets a boyfriend (she only knew him for about 3 months maybe), and just being an overall jerk. I’ve told her a couple of secrets about my crush, and she ended up telling my crush that I liked another girl (who I kind of did like, but it was obvious that I didn’t like her anymore)

Yesterday, I accidentally sent her a picture that said “Your future spouse is currently walking around making memories they’ll tell you about someday” then I said I accidentally sent it to her, then she said something like “wow” and as an inside joke, I told her “Are you flirting with me?” (My friend told me that one time he played a funny sound in her ear and she thought it was flirting?). Her last text to me was the middle finger emoji and said “no”. She clearly didn’t get the joke, and didn’t ask what I was talking about. She just blocked me and I even asked her boyfriend (who is also my friend) and he saw that she blocked me and tried to stop her, but she refused.

What’s going to be funny is that her parents are so fond of me for some reason and now they’re probably going to be wondering why she blocked me, because they’re eventually going to find out. I’m honestly curious as to what she’s going to say.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 13 points

(she only knew him for about 3 months maybe)

I don't know whats wrong with dating someone after knowing them for 3 months. Lol seems pretty normal.

Yesterday, I accidentally sent her a picture that said “Your future spouse is currently walking around making memories they’ll tell you about someday” then I said I accidentally sent it to her, then she said something like “wow” and as an inside joke, I told her “Are you flirting with me?”

Accident? yeah ok.

She just blocked me and I even asked her boyfriend (who is also my friend) and he saw that she blocked me and tried to stop her, but she refused.

You should not ask someones significant other for help figuring out something as a means of circumventing the person entirely. Thats pretty scummy.

What’s going to be funny is that her parents are so fond of me for some reason and now they’re probably going to be wondering why she blocked me, because they’re eventually going to find out. I’m honestly curious as to what she’s going to say.

She isn't going to care. Her parents don't decide who she dates and blocks, she does. They aren't going to tell her to unblock you and she will magically like you and be your friend again.

People change. She changed. Maybe she doesn't care for you anymore. Maybe hat 2 whole years she acted distant was because she didn't want to be your friend anymore. Maybe she was trying to distance herself from you and only gave you a gift out of obligation not because she wanted to. Sucks, but thats life.

side note, do you have any romantic interest in her? Sounds as thought you might.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You know what else is scummy? blocking someone as a "dare"

That's right. She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, so forget about her. You don't need someone like that.

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

For like 1 month when I first knew her, yeah.

I asked her boyfriend if she had blocked me because I hadn’t even known yet. How is that scummy in any way?

Also, I’m not expecting her to unblock me or do anything about it. I’m saying her parents are probably going to be wondering why she blocked me over saying 1 thing. That’s just petty of anyone to do.

That last paragraph sounds true though, she really doesn’t care for me and has been trying to distance our relationship as much as possible (for god knows what reason).

• 2 months ago
  • 6 points

I’m saying her parents are probably going to be wondering why she blocked me over saying 1 thing.

I honestly have serious doubts about this. I can't see something like that randomly coming up in casual conversation.

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

Idk

I’m not expecting karma or anything, I’m just wondering what would happen if it did

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

Sorry it went the way it did. If you all are supposed to be friends, it'll happen. Good friendships aren't forced, coerced, or planned.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

Well I also doubt she did it as a dare... out wait

That's right. She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends. Yeah.

• 2 months ago
  • 7 points

a c c i d e n t a l l y

I don't think you know how inside jokes work.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PSA: saying this to everyone who has responded to this post

She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends. Yeah.

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

I think people misunderstand what I’m trying to say there

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

what were you trying to say?

• 2 months ago
  • 5 points

as an inside joke, I told her “Are you flirting with me?” (My friend told me that one time he played a funny sound in her ear and she thought it was flirting?).

Doesn't sound like an inside joke if she's... not really part of it. Which it sounds like it is, it sounds like it's between you and the other friend.

She clearly didn’t get the joke

Honestly, kinda makes sense. It sounds like she was trying to distance herself from you, and that picture, accident or not, probably did it for her.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends. Yeah. She didn't block me for the joke or the picture I sent her.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

It sort of sounds like you haven’t really been friends for the last two years. Maybe you should just stop investing all the effort? Sometimes it is okay to stop being friends with someone. There are over 7,600,000,000 other people on Earth, you don’t have to struggle pointlessly for one person.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

Time to move on, plenty of people to make friends with, seems you weren’t on good terms for awhile now so I wouldn’t bother really. She didn’t sound like a great friend anyway and you two basically burned the bridges there at the end.

Time for some new friends. This is what I dealt with all throughout school when I was younger, would have great friends and eventually they’d just ditch me for whatever reason, maybe I just sucked or they just sucked or something but whatever, **** ‘em.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

So addressing your first paragraph. So what? Seems like you're trying to paint a picture that she woes you or something. And you seem pretty judgey about how she's living her life. People grow and change and people drift a part. Seems like she's a bigger part of your life than you are of hers. And you seem to be taking that personally.

Second paragraph, yeah people are weird. Maybe she doesn't care for you anymore , even as a friend. I know I don't always have the patience to deal with every jagoff's antics every minute of the day. Sometimes people rub you the wrong way. Or maybe she's just toxic and knows this behaviors presses peoples buttons. And it does, because here you are buttons pressed.

Hopefully she tells them to mind their own business. Whether or not she's being toxic or not, it seems clear to me that you have some funny ideas about how relationships work. You're not owed anything. No one has an obligation to be your friend. You should move on and stop worrying about her, make some new friends. Don't hitch your wagon to toxic or fickle people unless you're prepared to deal with it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Seems like you're trying to paint a picture that she woes you or something

I'm saying this to everyone who has responded to this post

She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends. Yeah.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well I'd caution you over being someone's plaything too. But teenagers are often unconsciously callous, children are cruel, and sometimes people are just bleh. Either way she may have been being silly over a dare. Some of your response over it while you were still in the dark was a little over the top. Although I know when you're in the middle of it, being unemotional and objective is nigh impossible. All you can really do is try to be rational and objective when you see other people's drama and apply the lessons you learn from those situations as best you can to your own situations.

I mean good luck, but I'd treat this person with some caution as they may not value your friendship as much as you do (did?) After all, people are allowed to be jerks. And you're going to know a lot of jerks throughout your life. Your job is to figure out how to manage that in a healthy mature manner and that's a lifetime endeavor.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

You really need to learn to let go, i think this and the "hate" threads you made are an emotional response to being rejected, you're letting this seep into your friendships and this forum.

Listen to the wise tiny,tom and gork and basically everyone else. Stop over attaching yourself to one person at a time and let go when someone clearly doesn't have the same feelings for you, you have for them.

Just trying to help a fellow PCPP user.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I feel like the fact that the friend is a female is making everyone think that I like her or something even though I said we were only friends for 5 years, and she has a boyfriend. I’m not that type of person to do that to anyone. These aren’t “hate” threads. I’m looking for help and seeing what I should and shouldn’t do, and I obviously shouldn’t invest any time in her anymore. I’m not even upset that I was rejected. As i said, she even “helped” me with that girl I asked out, or at least tried.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

As to what you should and shouldn't do, well there is no answer. What you should or shouldn't do in any relationship, acquaintance, friendship, co-worker, romantic interest is determined on a per person basis. We don't know her, we don't know you, so any answers would just be wild guesses and largely useless noise.

And even if you could corner her and make her explain herself. Is she going to be honest with you? Is she going to spin a plausible tale of nonsense? Tell you what you want to hear to make you go away? I mean you have some sort of nebulous concept that sort of explanation or understanding would make it all right. But that's usually not how things go down, and it's not usually very realistic. Sometimes you have to move on, and do your best because there's nothing really that you're going to learn or understand of value. You might already have all the information you're going to get and you're going to have to make whatever decisions and assumptions you're going to make based on that and live with it.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

“You really need to learn to let go, i think this and the ‘hate’ threads you made are an emotional response to being rejected, you're letting this seep into your friendships and this forum”

What better place than this forum? We have a great community here! :)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

She blocked me over a dare. She texted me and unblocked me today saying it was a dare from one of her friends. Yeah. If she didn't have "feelings" for me (as a friend) than she would've never had texted me back. Then again, she did listen to her friend and block me so idk

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Welcome to the grown up world. People change, just move on. There’s no sense in trying to be friends with someone if you feel they are frequently mistreating you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube