add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anyone else like baseball?

Memo1010

4 months ago

I love baseball, I always read the latest news every morning (or whenever I get up XD) and then a couple times throughout the day, I love the Twins (finally having a good year!!!), but few people ever talk about it much. Am I the only one?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I love baseball as well, my fav teams are the Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Angels

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I enjoy it (even if my Rangers are perennial losers)

SERIOUSLY YOU WERE ONE STRIKE AWAY TWICE HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

lol

Hey, they are actually decent this year though, surprisingly.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Might as well just ask who's a commie!

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Communism is very unamerican. Baseball is very american.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

In Soviet Russia Baseball....

Isn't played because it's the product of the bourgeoisie capitalist swine.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

no

you don't play baseball

the baseball play you

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually in 1986 the Soviet Union created its own Baseball team to play against the Americans at their own game since they had already beaten other countries in other sports lol

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

And within a 6 years they fell. Looks like baseball was too capitalist for them.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah they just continued as the Russian team :P

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Privet Comrade

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

No, who's on first, what's on second, I don't know's on third.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ****, that's right! I forgot.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I like playing baseball, but thats where my love of baseball ends. Thats the same with ( american ) football, not interested in the ads sorry.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Love baseball! I played from the time I was 4 until I was in 10th grade. Blew my arm out and had to stop, but I always loved it growing up. My mom is a huge Orioles fan, so that coupled with living near Baltimore, makes me an O's fan by default. They are so bad this year though. I don't even recognize most of the players' names anymore lol. I go to maybe 6 games per year, but I watch it a good bit on TV. I'll watch whoever is playing. I watch it to relax until it's playoff time.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a co-worker who's an O's fan...I pity you guys (but we were like that in 2016 too)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea they got rid of everyone and are rebuilding. So we'll see how it goes over the next few years. Not expecting a change any time soon.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to enjoy baseball a lot more years ago when the games were 2+ hours instead of 3+. I still go to a game every now and then, but I rarely watch one on TV or listen on the radio any more.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to enjoy baseball a lot more years ago when the games were 2+ hours instead of 3+

Sounds like they're still 2+

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

This year's average is right on the 3 hour mark, apparently. I looked at the numbers and my recollection was a bit off, the average game when I was much more into baseball was about 2:30. I remember it being more like 2:15 but maybe that was just the Pirates. :-)

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I was trying to make a joke about how 3+ is 2+. But, my jokes are garbage so they usually don't land.

Yeah, it does feel like games go on noticeably longer than they used to.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ve seen some that have gone on to over 4 hours even without extra innings (although that’s almost always in the majors)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, gotcha. Probably would have worked in person. :-)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I like baseball, been to a few games before. The St. Louis Cardinals is my team, and it seems like they're doing okay, but I only just recently got into following sports, so I'm not sure if they're doing okay or not

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

get out. this is a cubs only parking spot.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a Cubs fan because my great grandfather was one so my entire family forced that on me or else I would be disowned.

that certainly answered your question.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

For the real baseball fans, Game 1 of the College World Series is tonight. Vanderbilt vs Michigan.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not, I do remember sitting around with my Grandpa Tuffy listening to the radio broadcast of the Red Sox games. I don't know why he was a Red Sox fan, (this was in the mountains along the CA/NV border), but we'd sit around in the evening and listen. (He died in the early 90's) He quit drinking in the early 70's, and was a totally different person. So great to be around. I'm so glad my younger siblings only remember him that way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube