add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

best cpu cooler for my build

Dragonslayer0990

1 month ago

hello i really help choosing a good cpu cooler this is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qFLyjy , and what i was suggested but i want to double check. Also any changes/uogrates in any parts are appreciated. the budget is around that of the build but willing to pay more for a good cooler

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That cooler is fine. I use the same one for my 9900k and it cools is very well, better than many 360mm AIOs. It can even keep it cooled overclocked but it can get a bit noisy. Non OC, I can run the fans at 50% which is really quiet and it does the job fine (when gaming at night for low noise). So for the 9700k which doesn't run as hot, it should be great for you.

As for the video card, for the same price, go with EVGA instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r8smP6/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2183-kr

The non Aorus Gigabyte cards have some pretty crappy coolers when you get to the 2080/2080 Ti end. Noisy and the cards still get rather hot. EVGA coolers on the other hand keep the card cooled and if you don't overclock, can stay pretty silent too. For my build (can click my build but have a 2080 Ti from EVGA), gaming at night, I keep the card at 90% power limit (still performs extremely well) and keep the 9900k at stock, and my system is nearly silent (my wife can easily sleep at night just 8 feet away from my system).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Is the cooler hard to install? I was told that its hard to install aio and since is my first time, I am thinking about that too, as for the graphich card thanks i will change it, noise does't bother me too much since my room is far from the others but its better if is silent. Thanks a lot for the help.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Not hard to install at all. There is a back plate that must be installed on the motherboard. You don't need to use any thermal paste since the cooler already comes with it pre-applied (the model you are getting has better coverage than the older AIOs too). As for where to mount the rad, it is safe to put it on top. Your CPU temp could get slightly warmer due to the video card giving off heat in the case, but you'll still be able to overclock your CPU and in general, it won't really impact your performance. Mounting on the front is also fine, however if you decide to do it that way, make sure the tubes from the rad are coming from the bottom (don't mount with the tubes on top). This way, air is less likely to get trapped in your loop. Also, while your CPU temps will be cooler in this config, your video card will get warmer. Generally, in most games, you are bound by your GPU, so you want your video card to get fresh cool air from the fans than the slightly warmer air from the rad. This will just allow your video card to boost higher for better performance in games.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

oh ok thanks so much for the tips man, I really appreciated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube