add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommended specs for gaming?

1Mira_touchyyy
  • 8 months ago

I'm going to upgrade.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on what Your resolution and frame rate goals are and what type of titles.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Going to need a lot more information..

What is your budget.. 500? 700? 1000? 1200? etc What type of games.. FPS? MMO's? etc Do you want Atx, mAtx, or itx size MB/case?
What CPU AMD or Intel? GPU? Also are you in the USA or another country? Some pieces of Pc parts is harder to get in other countries.

Once you have a rough idea on those then people can help/suggest equipment and narrow down what you might need.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a random budget.

Any game I want to try ATX MOBO Core i5 9600k (is it better than the Ryzen 5 2600X?) Do I need a 1060? Or a 1070? Philippines

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Both are really great CPU's..but for JUST gaming then the i5 9600k I would leanon BUT odds are it might be more $$ than the R5 2600k plus the i5 9600k does not come with a cooler which you will need to buy also which will cost more $ (depends on what cooler you want to put on it) where the R5 2600k comes with one.

1060/1070 should be fine for 1080p games BUT if you want fast FPS or do 1440 (2k) resolution then you will need a better GPU which then a 2060 should really set you up for a while. If you want to do 4k balls to walls stuff then a 2080/2080ti/Radeon VII is what you would need. Also with AMD Navi around the corner one of those you can use for gaming and be set for a while also :)

When I build systems for people, I always tellthem do not think on what you want the system to do now..think of what you WANT it to do in lets say, 5 years. If you are doing 1080p now lets say you want to go to 2k monitor..well your GPU MIGHT not be able to make great/awesome use of the 2k monitor.

It is a balance on getting a GPU/GPU that will together instead of trying to choke each other out LOL.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Which games?

Examples:

Minecraft=G5400/200GE

F1 19=9600k/2700X

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

9600k? Core what?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i5

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube