add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there much of a difference?

n.bargas89

1 month ago

So im debating between some monitors. Is there a noticeable difference between a 25" 2560 x 1440 WQHD monitor and a 27" 3440 x 1440? The ones im comparing are both Asus IPS monitors. Its just really the resolution and the slightly difference screen size. I am an avid gamer but certainly not a pro and the price difference is nearly 200 dollars different per monitor and as im getting two thats a lot to save... is the 3440 really that much better?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

3440 x 1440 is 21:9 or ultra wide. 2560 x 1440 is 16:9 or standard widescreen. I have an ultra wide and I love it, but if you want to run games at high frames and max settings, you pretty much need a 2080 Ti. If you are getting two monitors though, no reason to buy two ultra wides. You won't be able to see everything without turning your head which would be annoying. For a two monitor setup, just get the two 16:9 displays. Or if you only want one monitor, get the ultra wide, but get a 34" not a 27".

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

good point, and yeah i didnt post the build but i have a 2080ti powering it. I mainly play MMO's.. so i typically only game on one screen cause i dont like the bezel in between but i use the second for music or youtube or whatever else. and 25" is kinda a good middle ground i guess. Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube